Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

flag holder for illusion x

Pat McCrotch

Just getting opinions on flag holders for illusion x towers. I have a concept but I am not sure if it will be worth making. It will use a light mount area on the outer portion of the tower right above the board racks. What would you expect pricing wise? I personally don't like the flag holders, but looking to get other peoples opinions.

Thanks

What do you need a flag holder for? I always wondered about those things...

We use one when we are out in the middle of the lake and the kids are swimming off the back of the boat. I still want the flag up, so other boaters know that there are people in the water, but it's nice to just put it up in a holder.

We use one when we are out in the middle of the lake and the kids are swimming off the back of the boat. I still want the flag up, so other boaters know that there are people in the water, but it's nice to just put it up in a holder.

We stick it in a ski or wakeboard boot when we are swimming, or we jam it between the speaker box and the tower...

We stick it in a ski or wakeboard boot when we are swimming, or we jam it between the speaker box and the tower...

I don't know about OR, but in CA your only suppose to display the flag if there is a boarder or skiier down and there is a rope in the water........ Given that, then there is no need for a flag holder, since once the rider is up the flag needs to be down. :)

CA Boating Law:

W A T E R - S K I F L A G

It is mandatory for the operator of a vessel involved in

towing a skier to display, or cause to be displayed, a red

or orange water-ski flag, to indicate:

■ A downed skier

■ A skier in the water preparing to ski

■ A ski line extended for the vessel

■ A ski in the water in the vicinity of the vessel

The display of the ski flag does not in itself restrict

the use of the water, but warns boaters operating in the area to exercise caution.

Boaters who see a red or orange flag being displayed should be on the lookout for a skier or equipment

in the water.

Isn't it illegal to drive over 5mph within 100' of a boat or swimmer or something like that.

The jerk hole that is going to fly by you isn't going to be phased much by the orange flag.. but to each their own

Me personally, when my son is in the water I do whatever possible to protect him. A jetskier came within 5 feet of him while acting a fool on his jetski. Needless to say he got a budlight can to the head from my friend. We did recover the beer can. We don't polute our waterways.

Anyway it was just a question to see what interest there is out there for these.

• 4 months later...

So did anyone come up with a fix?

I saw a billet one that clamps to the bimini support but what do you do when you dont use the bimini?

We use it just for swimming also. The patrol stopped by to make sure we knew that this weekend.

Just getting opinions on flag holders for illusion x towers. I have a concept but I am not sure if it will be worth making. It will use a light mount area on the outer portion of the tower right above the board racks. What would you expect pricing wise? I personally don't like the flag holders, but looking to get other peoples opinions.

Thanks

Finially... A flag holdr for the illusion tower. I'm interested, what are your ideas?

Check out the following link flag holder

If the flag holder is small and clean like the HIDS I'm very interested. I hate having to hold the flag when rope is out while we swap riders.

Same holder, I was working with Nick from newt juice to make these. Mine is done. I am getting them in production. Updates soon.

We use one that is a big suction cup with a hole in it for the flag. Sticks to the side of the Illusion with no problems, cost us about $6 (with flag) and is temporary so I don't have something permanently fixed to the tower. I grabbed it when I was in a boat store a couple years back. I can't remember which one, though. Maybe West Marine.

Same holder, I was working with Nick from newt juice to make these. Mine is done. I am getting them in production. Updates soon.

Pat

do you have a pic of your holder?

I made one out of bimini clamps

but would like a cleaner one

let me know when you get them up for sale

Don't need flags around here. I always wondered, though, why you need to display a flag. Law here states headway spped within 150 feet, so the operator of the other vessel would have to be a complete idiot to enroach in that space. Must be the "progressive" left coast, 9th circuit court of appeals at work!

it was originally to fly an american or pirate flag or your favorite team. Not the orange rider down flag. It is for all uses.