Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

Fifteenoff.com

WakeGirl

So it looks like one of our resident CC owners is getting a little big for his britches & decided to up & go start his own site.

j/k :)

M3Fan has started his own enthusiast's website dedicated to the sport of slalom skiing & has titled it Fifteenoff.com. Here's the press release:

Chicago, IL (3/19/07) -- Announcing www.Fifteenoff.com!

Fifteenoff.com is a slalom skiing blog and resource by and for skiers who are just starting to ski the course or are just starting to "cut the line". The site's creator and author , Joel Hughes, will document his skiing revelations and progress from 15 off to (hopefully) shorter line lengths and higher speeds. What makes Fifteenoff.com different than other slalom sites is that reviews, tips, advice, and skiing revelations in the site will be taken from the perspective of a slalom skier who is just starting to learn the course.

"In the 4 or so seasons I've been skiing slalom, I've had a hard time finding tips, equipment reviews, and direction on the web geared towards those who are just starting to get into the slalom course. Long line lengths and slower speeds are a whole different ball game than what the pros run. In some cases just getting a course or good water is tough for many skiers out there. By documenting my own progression through the course, I hope to provide a resource for skiers who are working on longer line lengths and slower speeds. Of course, all skill levels are welcome- especially when it comes to giving the advice." said site creator and author Joel Hughes regarding the new site.

I'd like to personally wish M3Fan the very best with this endeavor. This will be a welcome addition to the different websites available to slalom skiers.

So it looks like one of our resident CC owners is getting a little big for his britches & decided to up & go start his own site.

How is he ever going to progress if he is too big for his britches... Dontknow.gif ...Congratulations good luck on the new site!

• 3 weeks later...

Man! Just checked out 15off again for updates, that ear-drum blow out is hard not to, well - watch over and over again! :lol: Good stuff, hard to say it but there may be a little more risk in that whole buoy chasin' thing.

"I need to get my bearings" hahaha

Joel, thanks so much for doing this. Great site. Great focus on skiing. I also appreciate you calling it "fifteen off" instead of "twenty-two off" or "twenty eight off". It really does make slalom newbies welcome. And (as per your recent update to your site) as you say.... course skiing is soooooo much different than open-water free skiing. I'm not a slalom newbie..... but I am a slalom COURSE newbie.

After decades of open-water skiing I only got a chance to try a course a couple of years ago. It's like re-learning everything all over again.... but what a rush. So.... I bit the bullet and bought a course over the winter. I'll discover in a few short months all the challenges (mostly lake-neighbor related) how having a course will change my water sport enthusiasm.

Please (in spite of the good natured requests from folks) don't water down the content with boarding stuff. Not that boarding isn't fun (etc etc etc), and I'm kinda forced into that part of the water sport because my kids love it..... it's nice to have a place to go (your site) that focuses on MY true passion.

Again, great site. And thanks.

PS. Doesn't mean I abandon my involvement on The Crew..... it just means I have an additional place to go.

Edited by doughickey
I love the "is crazy about safety" line

Well, I call em as I see em Tongue.gif

You're the only person I've seen jump out of a moving boat that you are currently the driver of to make sure a downed skier is OK!!! It's a compliment.

Where are you on the forum Mark? Sign up!