Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

LSV vs LXI

snakeriver465

I'm looking at boats used and new. I'm down to either a Sunscape 20'LSV with mls or a used 21' Wakesetter LXI. My friend has a 23" Wakesetter LSV> We love it. Will the Lxi Direct Drive be close enough? We are not great wakeboaders but I don't want to disappointed. The LXI has mls. Snake

If your true intention of using your next boat is for exclusively for wakeboarding then get the LSV. The LXI is a great crossover boat but it does perform better as a slalom boat. Both boats you selected are on the diamond platforms, so unless you plan on skiing I'd suggest the 20' VTX instead. FYI I found that I need to have 500 lbs up front and another 750 lbs in the rear plus the wedge to get a decent size wake in the LXI.

Here is the LXI wake at 70' back, not the best view though.

post-235-1173767499_thumb.jpg

The LSV is a great machine. If you boat with more than 3 people most of the time, look at a V-drive hands down. You can put far more people in an LSV with far less congestion than a DD.

The LSV is a great machine. If you boat with more than 3 people most of the time, look at a V-drive hands down. You can put far more people in an LSV with far less congestion than a DD.

Plus1.gif