Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

Bu' On the Water!!!

WaveMake'nLSV

Did you know that *ALL* of the hoses need to be connected? Indmar must not intend to omit the use of one. Crazy.gif

Got the Bu' out yesterday and ran like a dream, once I got the large engine hose just above the water pump...back on. I looked and looked and looked and did not see it UNTIL I started it. About 1/2 second on the starter she had sprung to life! Only to have a nice fountain of water spraying out of the top/rear of the engine. :blush:

Needless to say, after a quick shutdown and re-clamp...she was good to go. Ran it on the trailer in the water for about 20 mins and got it up to operating temp, checked the connetions and off we went.

A quick side note however, neither my brass block bolt nor my knock sensor would thread much past a couple turns. Neither are all the way in. I put WD-40 on both the block threads and the bolts and it easily threaded into the appropriate hole...but would only got about 2 full turns. I got a tad past bump snug and left it alone. Fearing I would snap something off. Doesn't appear to be leaking, so I presume this is normal. Dontknow.gif

Input?

We on the water again!!! Rockon.gifDrool.gifRockon.gif

Needless to say, after a quick shutdown and re-clamp...she was good to go. Ran it on the trailer in the water for about 20 mins and got it up to operating temp, checked the connetions and off we went.

Glad I was not behind you on the ramp... Whistling.gif

Put some teflon tape on mine and ran them in until tight, could not tell you how many turns it took.

Was careful to NOT cross thread and when they started into the block it was VERY easy to spin, etc. Only thing was that it sure didn't go in very far before stopping. The knock sensor probably went 1/2 in and the brass drain plug probably only 1/3 or so. BUT...no leaks, so don't plan on messing with it any further. Although I did notice my prop shaft packing was about 1 drop in a tad over a second...I may try to mess with it but not that concerned with it. Would rather it not be TOO tight, IMHO. :unsure:

Glad I was not behind you on the ramp... Whistling.gif

Put some teflon tape on mine and ran them in until tight, could not tell you how many turns it took.

NPT fittings generally don't go in all the way. I would be comfortable with 2 full turns and some teflon. BTW how do the speakers sound and did your ballast work?

Speakers not so much...yet. Still working on the amp board, but plan to finish THIS WEEK. Ballast system seemed to work just fine, but had the side panels removed so I could crawl in and check for leaks, etc.

Going to run thru the motions in FULL next weekend.

Rockon.gif

NPT fittings generally don't go in all the way. I would be comfortable with 2 full turns and some teflon. BTW how do the speakers sound and did your ballast work?
Edited by WaveMake'nLSV
Speakers not so much...yet. Still working on the amp board, but plan to finish THIS WEEK. Ballast system seemed to work just fine, but had the side panels removed so I could crawl in and check for leaks, etc.

Going to run thru the motions in FULL next weekend.

Rockon.gif

Glad to hear you were out on the water. Our little pond is filling up and rain is in the forecast. I also hope to have my amp rack and speakers done by the weekend. Biggrin.gif