Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

Dukes of Hazard Horn

wakecrashin

JC Whitley has it here:

http://www.jcwhitney.com/autoparts/Product...-8010727#review

I'll be ordering it for my boat. AWESOME! Thumbup.gif

Problem....

How are you going to fit 5 horns under the dash?

Mount them on the tower Rockon.gif

That is actually a darn good idea...problem is...what is a Tower? Dontknow.gif I'm a footer icon_foot.gif

;)

FWIW: I found the same horn set on Ebay for 41.95....SOLD!

It doesn't play "tunes" but it is loud. I got one of these to mount on a bimini pole once I start using the bimini. The tubing is long enough to keep the air bottle inside the boat next to the driver. Push button on the clamp activates the horn. Available at local bike shops for about $30.

post-45-1174962794_thumb.jpg

Delta Cycle AirZound Horn

My buddy had a need for an on board air compressor so naturally he bought a train horn to go with it.....

We had dinner one night and then played a little pool and I had forgotten about his new toy. As I was walking in front of his truck to mine, he gave me a little shot....

I think he got both of my feet off the ground. (which is NO SMALL task!) F-ING loud!!! Scared the crap out of some folks waiting on the sidewalk for dinner reservations.... ROFL.gifROFL.gif

Pat

JC Whitley has it here:

Problem....

Yeah,

I have mine on the tower. I actually have 4 sets of them, one set facing in each direction. I don't have anything else on the tower like lights or speakers so, these fit easily. Under my passenger side bench seat, I have 2 Craftsman 15 Gal. air tanks. They run off an air compressor I bolted to the engine running off the belt.

I got the idea after I installed 20" spinner wheels on my trailer. It looked so dope that I decided to add air bags to the leaf springs of the trailer so that I could get the trailer to go up and down at each wheel independently while I controlled it from a remote in the truck. I had to remove my trailer spare tire and install a custom made air tank there to hold pressure for when I'm 'hittin' the switches'. I also had to run an extra 5 wire trailer harness to the trailer for the remote. I already had the on-board air compressor and tank mounted in the truck so, the trailer just shares the air supply.

I found the trailer mod. especially useful one day when I got a flat, I just hit the switches until I got the flat tire completely off the ground. It's also useful when launching in shallow water, I jack up the trailer all the way. When I'm running down the freeway, I slam the trailer and truck and it looks pretty bad a$$. Plus, when I park the trailer in the driveway, I just slam her down so that the 20s are touching the undersides of the wheel wells and it acts as sort of a parking brake.

I wouldn't mind having the Rodney Dangerfield/Caddyshack horn on my boat. I believe it was on his car, but I think the boat had a nice horn too.

Got my horn. Installed it and it is awesome!

I mounted the 5 horns and compressor onto a piece of thin plywood approximately 24inch x 18 inches. I can take the entire setup in and out of the boat easily. It fits perfectly under the passenger stow area towards the open bow and is loud as heck! Rockon.gif

YEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE-HAAAAAAAAAAAAAWWWW!

JC Whitley has it here:

Problem....

Mount them on the tower Rockon.gif

That is actually a darn good idea...problem is...what is a Tower? Dontknow.gif I'm a footer icon_foot.gif

;)

Think of it as a verticle barefoot boom.