Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

Dukes of Hazard Horn

wakecrashin

Curious to know if anyone has a Dukes Of Hazard horn on the boat. If so where did you get it and was it easy to install???

i do not have one but i would love to... that would be awsome. Biggrin.gif

I cant say I have ever heard one on the water but thought it would be a good idea....

One problem:

Normal boat horn has 1 horn

Dukes of Hazard horn has 5 horn to produce each sound

Will it fit in the Bu?

Curious to know if anyone has a Dukes Of Hazard horn on the boat.

I'll be honest...I've never even considered a Dukes of Hazzard horn for my boat or any other vehicle. But if I had to guess as to where to find one, maybe Wal-Mart or other fine boating accessory retailer would be a good place to start your search. Crazy.gif

Unless it's changed JC Whitney used to sell electronic units with 5+/- song segments you could play by selecting it. It used a little PA style horn speaker.

Peter

The only horn I would put in the boat would be a nice set like a semi has...only problem is it would blow the people out of the bow if they were up there when it went off.

The only horn I would put in the boat would be a nice set like a semi has...only problem is it would blow the people out of the bow if they were up there when it went off.

A problem???

I think a horn from a train might be nice, especially around the ramp to help out when people seem to forget that others are patiently waiting :)

Ok, a little OT here, but has anyone modified/replaced the stock horn? I would love to have something practical with a bit (or a lot) more volume. I do keep a hand-held airhorn in the boat, but it would be nice to have something better for the stock horn switch.

My neighbor who is an older fellow talked me into going to Jai-Alai with him and taking his car (an '07 Corvette) and he drove. We were driving down the interstate about 40 MPH in the fast lane and a semi was behind us and furious...I saw him about 2 feet off our bumper in the rear veiw mirror. I was trying to hold my tongue and not say anything to embarrass my neighbor but I was extremely nervous.

The semi finally had enough and laid on his air horn, still about 2 feet from us. It was so loud I though I was going to release my bowels right in his car. I could feel the horn vibrating through my chest.

I will never go anywhere with my neighbor again if he insists on driving...

Wow, he was pushing it. I heard the top-end on the '07 vette is around 45 MPH. :lol:

ya i thought maybe you could push them to 50 MPH maybe. haha Tease.gifROFL.gifSurprised.gif

I'm still waiting for KB3 to score me a locomotive horn for the houseboat Whistling.gif . I don't know why tubers feel the need to pass by a slow moving houseboat and proceed to tube right in front. Mad.gif

I'm still waiting for KB3 to score me a locomotive horn for the houseboat Whistling.gif . I don't know why tubers feel the need to pass by a slow moving houseboat and proceed to tube right in front. Mad.gif

try these. A guy I was working with in Lafayette had these on his old Dodge.. they were insane.

http://www.hornblasters.com/products/category.php?class=8

I haven't forgotten....just waiting for my shop crew to finish parting out a wreck. Cry.gif