Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

quieter exhaust

Chia

saw these exhaust silencers at Eddie Marine and am not near my boat (am in Lake Havasu) boat is in Alberta. Anyone have an opinion on whether these would work on an 01 sunsetter with the 325 indmar.

XX slip-in silencers

I spoke with them and was told they will reduce exhaust noise by 12db.

at $79.00 a pair it would seem to be a good deal.

thanks

Have you seen any reviews on them? At $79.00 a pair, and claiming to "bend" sound waves (aren't all sound waves bent...in a sine wave fashion)...it brings to mind the "tornado" fuel ecomony increaser I see sometimes late at night on channel 1232123.

But if they work, it sounds good (no pun intended)

Have you seen any reviews on them? At $79.00 a pair, and claiming to "bend" sound waves (aren't all sound waves bent...in a sine wave fashion)...it brings to mind the "tornado" fuel ecomony increaser I see sometimes late at night on channel 1232123.

But if they work, it sounds good (no pun intended)

I hear what you are saying, but if you look around their site they seem to be prety legitimate and offer a lot of high performance gear.

here is the page where the product was selected from: full time mufflers

Another thought...are they "marine" silencers? It looks like they severely redirect the flow of the exhaust (if I'm looking at the thing right) which may be fine for an automobile's exhuast gasses, but remember you are pumping a significant amount of water through there too, especially at higher RPM's It may create a serious amount of back pressure with the gas and water vs. just gasses.

So I'm just wondering if they are made for our apllication??Dontknow.gif

EDIT: O.K., I see they are a marine outfit, but it still seems a little harsh to basically block the water and exhaust at that plate in the center of the unit, and force it to make its way around and out through the slots... Dontknow.gif

Edited by rts