Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

Morning slalom runs

Brad B

Crew member moved to my hood with his LXI Yahoo.gif

So it looks like we may be able to hook up for a couple morning slalom runs each week.

A public ramp is closeby in the neighborhood and can ski within 100 yards of it.

My question to those that have been doing this is how much time do we need to allow?

I gotta open the pharmacy at 9am and its across the street from the ramp but I figure I better go home and shower first - home is only 1/2 mile away.

So it looks like we may be able to hook up for a couple morning slalom runs each week.

A public ramp is closeby in the neighborhood and can ski within 100 yards of it.

My question to those that have been doing this is how much time do we need to allow?

I gotta open the pharmacy at 9am and its across the street from the ramp but I figure I better go home and shower first - home is only 1/2 mile away.

If I need to be to work by 9 am, I would be on the water by 6 am. I would save time by "showering" in the lake. Always have a bottle of Dr. Bronner's in the boat. Hippie Soap . Save at least 1/2 hour with the Doc Bronner's shower.

Shower? You're getting a shower in the lake. Put the boat on the trailer, comb your hair, put your white smock on and give those people their drugs. The ones that come up to the counter and sniff you...well, you don't need to be selling them anything, anyway.

Who knows, the smell of lake water may increase your business...I've been caught twice this winter by my neighbors with a face full of life jacket in the garage because they still have a hint of the lake on them!

Sounds like a great set up with everything you need awful close by. If you had the boat in the water by 7am, you could easily ski a couple sets each without feeling too rushed.

My crew (3 of us) has got it down to a science. We're all business on days we have to work - socializing is what the driver and observer do while the other is getting their passes, and the guy on deck is always ready to go when the current skier is climbing back in the boat. Each skier gets 2 sets (total of 12 passes), and the boat is back on the lift and wiped down in slightly over an hour. No better way to start the day. Thumbup.gif

Well, maybe one other way... Whistling.gif

I pass by the boat ramp on my way to work. I start work at 7:30-8AM. We meet at the ramp at 6am. By the time I get there the boat is already in the water. Because I have to be at work first, i start first. I have no problem getting in 2-3 sets before I need to split around 7am. It's an awesome setup!!

I wish I had your dilemma.