Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

Swing-open Windshield Support Do-Hickeys

ffdawg

I have support posts mounted on the top and bottom frame of the swing-open windshield that support it in the open position and keep it from banging against the other portion of the windshield. They work fine, but I don't like how the boat cover sits on the top one - definitely a hole there in the future. While browsing through the gallery of boat pics I noticed most of the other boats don't have those in place, or at least not in the same place as mine. What are you doing for an alternative? Thanks.

I had to do some custom work on mine. Had to make a different type of 'doo-hickey' because I apparently had the same problem 'actionadd' had with the factory unit not getting the job done because of the tower. My custom unit now cushions against the tower. THEN I put velcro on there so that the windshield did not bounce when running the boat with the windshield open. Pics available.

Speedo makes nice Do-Hickey covers good color selections also.

that they do. and you are right, almost any color. ROFL.gifSurprised.gifThumbup.gifBiggrin.gif

Edited by Mike d Wakeboarder
Speedo makes nice Do-Hickey covers good color selections also.

that they do. and you are right, almost any color. ROFL.gifSurprised.gifThumbup.gifBiggrin.gif

We call them bannana hammocks out here.

• 1 year later...
I had to do some custom work on mine. Had to make a different type of 'doo-hickey' because I apparently had the same problem 'actionadd' had with the factory unit not getting the job done because of the tower. My custom unit now cushions against the tower. THEN I put velcro on there so that the windshield did not bounce when running the boat with the windshield open. Pics available.

Beau, I have an 02 Sunscape and the windwhield hits the Titan tower when opened. I would think that the wind would flex it enough to break the glass if running with it opened and proped against the tower. I'd like to see pictures of how the cushions are mounted to work with the tower. Are they posted somewhere or could you e-mail them?

Beau, I have an 02 Sunscape and the windwhield hits the Titan tower when opened. I would think that the wind would flex it enough to break the glass if running with it opened and proped against the tower. I'd like to see pictures of how the cushions are mounted to work with the tower. Are they posted somewhere or could you e-mail them?

Here ya go Ski-Doctor

2524848282_530021d55c.jpg

2524847886_ab002f23ab.jpg2524847444_ab41800a81_m.jpg2524846956_b9f6a73e0d_m.jpg

Just some Oak well sanded, varnished, screwed and adhesed (is that a word?) Two full seasons, no problems.

Hope this helps!

Beau