Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

New Malibu Owner

mikesemberg

Add Lib135 to the welcome list.

Pretty impressive that there's so many new Malibu owners and Crew Members in the past few weeks!

Mike,

As everyone else said welcome.

No Wake is a fantastic dealership. My good buddy is one of the mechanics there. You'll receive top notch service.

I'm currently in Columbus, but am moving back to Cincinnati in the next couple weeks. I don't know where you live, but check out the Great Miami River up in Hamilton. There's a launch ramp up there.

A little off topic, but anyone from Cincinnati anyone skied Lake Lottawatta or Extreme Watersports? Both are private ski clubs in the area.

A little off topic, but anyone from Cincinnati anyone skied Lake Lottawatta or Extreme Watersports? Both are private ski clubs in the area.

I just moved down here less than 2 years ago and still getting to know the area. I did go to school at Miami University and have been on the Miami river in Hamilton, but never with the two ski clubs mentioned above. Anyone have information about those? I would love to get involved.

Usually:

I try to find places on the Ohio River as I can see it from my window and can get to the dock within 10 minutes. I tow to East fork sometimes to have more of a Lake experience, or I will go to Norris for a long weekend.

When I ordered my 06 Vride, the spray date was June 15th. I put it in the water June 30th. You got the tribal wakesetter graphics huh? I have been thinking about doing that myself. How much was it to have get the Reef models thrown in? ;)

I just moved down here less than 2 years ago and still getting to know the area. I did go to school at Miami University and have been on the Miami river in Hamilton, but never with the two ski clubs mentioned above. Anyone have information about those? I would love to get involved.

Usually:

I try to find places on the Ohio River as I can see it from my window and can get to the dock within 10 minutes. I tow to East fork sometimes to have more of a Lake experience, or I will go to Norris for a long weekend.

I can tell you a little about both.

Lake Lottawatta is in Hamilton, OH. It's a private ski site in what I believe is an old gravel pit. I'd imagine this place will be pretty expensive to join, and I'm not sure if they are even accepting new memberships. I will be contacting them in the next couple weeks to figure that out. I have been there once for a collegiate ski tournament. By far one of the coolest sites I've ever seen. They have a slalom course and jump, but to top it off, it's lined with stadium lights so it's possible to ski at night. I hear they only do this a couple nights a year as it is pretty expensive to run them. Still very cool.

Extreme Watersports Center is in Newtown, OH. It's like 5 miles northeast of the Lunken Airport. Again, I think this is a former gravel pit, but this one is much larger. Last I heard they have 3 slalom courses and a jump. A guy named Greg skis down there. He is the Malibu Response promo guy for No Wake marine. He's actively trying to promote 3 event skiing. I've spoken to him through email a few times. Seems like a great guy. Depending where you live, this site may be close to you.

Did you ski for Miami? I train with two people who skied for them. They've both graduated in the last 2 years.

Usually:

I can tell you a little about both.

Lake Lottawatta is in Hamilton, OH. It's a private ski site in what I believe is an old gravel pit. I'd imagine this place will be pretty expensive to join, and I'm not sure if they are even accepting new memberships. I will be contacting them in the next couple weeks to figure that out. I have been there once for a collegiate ski tournament. By far one of the coolest sites I've ever seen. They have a slalom course and jump, but to top it off, it's lined with stadium lights so it's possible to ski at night. I hear they only do this a couple nights a year as it is pretty expensive to run them. Still very cool.

Extreme Watersports Center is in Newtown, OH. It's like 5 miles northeast of the Lunken Airport. Again, I think this is a former gravel pit, but this one is much larger. Last I heard they have 3 slalom courses and a jump. A guy named Greg skis down there. He is the Malibu Response promo guy for No Wake marine. He's actively trying to promote 3 event skiing. I've spoken to him through email a few times. Seems like a great guy. Depending where you live, this site may be close to you.

Did you ski for Miami? I train with two people who skied for them. They've both graduated in the last 2 years.

Is one of these spots where the Correct Craft dealer used to be? I remember going and watching a wakeboard competition about 9 years ago at an old gravel pit that was turned into a ski lake. If I remember correctly, there were some big time pros at the event. They held it for a year or two and then the CC dealer went out of business.

Welcome.gif LSV4Kids Plus1.gif

Another new Malibu owner and Crew Member. Nice to see such a clean boat pass from a Crew Member to another (new) one.

• 1 month later...
I too am a new Malibu owner. Just picked up a 03 Wakesetter 23 LSV. There are now 7 Malibu's on the lake we will be using it at, 3 of them in the same family. Can't wait to carve up the water this summer! Thumbup.gif

Whistling.gif And to think I started the whole MALIBU thing on the lake, I had the First one...and everyone followed after seeing what a great boat they make.

Rockon.gif I just had to add that Dave. It is great to have another one on the Lake. Congrats!! Oh and it is a beautiful boat! Yahoo.gif