Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

New Malibu Owner

mikesemberg

What is going on people? This is my first post and I want to introduce myself. I am proud to say that I am joining the waves of Malibu owners this year. I had a '02 Supra and at the boat show I bought a 2007 VRide. My dealer finally told me it's spray date was March 8th. I cannot wait to get my hands on it.

For all you experts, when will I actually get the boat? (How long does it take for them to manufacture). I emailed my dealer but haven't heard back. I am in Ohio and it isn't riding season yet, but it is close. I CANNOT WAIT FOR THE SEASON!!!

Mike

I am in Cincinnati. Last year I rode on the river or at east fork mainly. I am planning on doing the same this year, adding a couple trips down to Norris. What about you?

There are a few of the members here from the Cincy/Dayton area.

There are a few from SW corner of the state here on the Crew.

Where I go depends on who I'm riding/skiing with. I haven't had the pleasure of boating with any of the Crew yet, but have met several. Locally, we generally go to Caesars, Hidden Valley or East Fork. Caesars is closer to home, but such a zoo. I generally spend about 15 days a year on Norris.

Back to the original question - construction generally takes about 8 days & then an some period of time while they can orchestrate shipping to your dealer (I assume No Wake). Shipping generally takes about a week.

Congratulations on the new ride!

Welcome Mike.

There are other variables as well. Sometimes trailers, towers & engines can get backordered so depending on all of that, it can also take longer. Then once it's done & ready to ship, it can take a while longer depending on how many boats are ready at that point to send to that dealer (they don't send out only partially filled trucks). The last 2 boats that I've ordered have taken about 8 weeks to get from the time that I ordered to the time of delivery.

Welcome........I received my boat about 3 and half weeks after they said it was going to arrive, but that was because of the truck was only partially full like Traci was referring to. Good luck and congratulations.

Mason

PS What colors did you choose?

Mike

whay colors did you get. We went on the factory tour last week and might have seen your boat.

Rob

Edited by RobSMalibu

I just bought a V Ride to and it's spray date was on the 8th also. I hope to have my boat by the end of April, since I live only an hour away from Merced I don't think that I will have a problem with them shipping the boat. I have been very anxious to get my boat since we are in riding season here in California. My colors are regal and charcoal.

If the info I got is still good my Rlxi should have been complete today. The lake is starting to open. Any way to get next day shipping!!!!! Clap.gifThumbup.gifSurprised.gifSurprised.gif:)Drool.gif !!!Came over from 99 Elite V Drive Centurion. Good luck on your new ride.

I too am a new Malibu owner. Just picked up a 03 Wakesetter 23 LSV. There are now 7 Malibu's on the lake we will be using it at, 3 of them in the same family. Can't wait to carve up the water this summer! Thumbup.gif

The Bu' Family just keeps exploding! Congrats to you both and WELCOME! Clap.gifRockon.gifClap.gif

I too am a new Malibu owner. Just picked up a 03 Wakesetter 23 LSV. There are now 7 Malibu's on the lake we will be using it at, 3 of them in the same family. Can't wait to carve up the water this summer! Thumbup.gif

Welcome aboard! We've had our 2000 SLXi for two plus years now and couldn't be happier with it. I hope that your experience is as good as ours and look forward to getting to know you...

Cheers,

Mike

ALLRIGHT - we are now related.

You have the highly coveted '03 Diamond hull

See my gallery for mine and then show us yours

I'm not only a new Malibu owner, but a 1st time boat owner. Bought a '02 VLX end of Oct from Water Ski America in Dallas. Loving it! We had a mild winter so we were able to get out a number of times before Christmas. Have been out 4 times already this year.

There are a few of the members here from the Cincy/Dayton area.

There are a few from SW corner of the state here on the Crew.

Where I go depends on who I'm riding/skiing with. I haven't had the pleasure of boating with any of the Crew yet, but have met several. Locally, we generally go to Caesars, Hidden Valley or East Fork. Caesars is closer to home, but such a zoo. I generally spend about 15 days a year on Norris.

Back to the original question - construction generally takes about 8 days & then an some period of time while they can orchestrate shipping to your dealer (I assume No Wake). Shipping generally takes about a week.

Congratulations on the new ride!

Welcome!

As another Cincy area member, We mostly go to Caesar's Creek but it can get bad on weekends as weinrdog said. We try to go on weekdays as much as possible. Norris is also very nice. I've never been on East Fork or Hidden Valley so I can't say whether they are good or not. It would be nice to have a SW Ohio day on the water some day so some of us could meet each other in person. If you ever make it up to Caesar's Creek and you see a black, red and white Response Lxi, stop and say hi.

I told the dealer I want as many pics as I can of production. I haven't received any yet but will defintely post them when they come in. I ordered the boat back at the beginning of February and the Spray date was March 8th. I hope the dealer is ordering a ton of them so there is no wait on the partially filled truck :) (The weather isn't ready for riding yet, but I know it will be soon)

I think my colors will be unique, and I am hoping sharp. I got mostly black with driftwood and some platinum. So it will be black and brown. Inside is mostly the platinum with black piping and a little of the driftwood. I don't think I have seen a boat like this, but I am excited. Something a little different. I got the Illusion tower (racks, speakers).

RobSMalibu -- I hope you did see it, which means it is really being built!!

Welcome to Mikesemberg, 2003w23lsv, Tomyb76, and Krock. It's great you all found this website so soon. There is no better source for info on Malibus and related water sports. And if you have a question on something, you'll get answers within hours (usually minutes) because the members are so active and helpful.

Tomyb76, where are you in CA?

Congratulations to everyone on your new boats!! That black, driftwood, & platinum sounds gorgeous! Thumbup.gif

I'm so glad you found your way here... the people here are amazingly informative and hilarious at times.

Congrats again and welcome!! Biggrin.gif

Congrats on the new boat. We live in Cincinnati(Mason) but do most of our boating on Rough River Lake in KY. We bought our boat off the floor so I can't be much help on the timing. I'm sure the wait is frustrating, but at least the weather has not been great. As I look out the window today at the sunshine boating season seems a lot closer. Have fun on the boat.

John

Welcome to Mikesemberg, 2003w23lsv, Tomyb76, and Krock. It's great you all found this website so soon. There is no better source for info on Malibus and related water sports. And if you have a question on something, you'll get answers within hours (usually minutes) because the members are so active and helpful.

Tomyb76, where are you in CA?

I'm in Stockton

I think we saw your boat during quality check

I told the dealer I want as many pics as I can of production. I haven't received any yet but will defintely post them when they come in. I ordered the boat back at the beginning of February and the Spray date was March 8th. I hope the dealer is ordering a ton of them so there is no wait on the partially filled truck :) (The weather isn't ready for riding yet, but I know it will be soon)

I think my colors will be unique, and I am hoping sharp. I got mostly black with driftwood and some platinum. So it will be black and brown. Inside is mostly the platinum with black piping and a little of the driftwood. I don't think I have seen a boat like this, but I am excited. Something a little different. I got the Illusion tower (racks, speakers).

RobSMalibu -- I hope you did see it, which means it is really being built!!

If you did see it - I didn't have them put the stock "VRIDE" logo on the side. I had them put the tribal malibu wakesetter logo.

Main section Black, stripe above it is the tan. black illusion tower and i ordered it with about 6 half naked reef models on it.... they would have made it through the quality check.

Edited by mikesemberg

the reef models is what gave it away that was your boat LOL

When I saw what I think is your boat no graphics and only carpet was in it nothing else.I know that had to be your boat. I wish my better half took more pictures. I checked and she didnt take any photos from that part of the tour. Post some pics when you get them.

If you did see it - I didn't have them put the stock "VRIDE" logo on the side. I had them put the tribal malibu wakesetter logo.

Main section Black, stripe above it is the tan. black illusion tower and i ordered it with about 6 half naked reef models on it.... they would have made it through the quality check.