Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

Zero Off Speed Control

krward

Got my latest copy of waterski magazine yesterday. Saw a advertisment for a new GPS based speed control call Zero Off. The website is http://www.zerogps.com

I was about to purchase perfect pass, but this seems interesting. I am wondering if it really lives up to its claims, generally most don't, but thought it is worth looking into. Anyone out there know anything about this?

• 1 month later...

I'd wait until there is more info. I read an article on line and the skiers said it slow to react to the skiers pulls. They are still working the bugs out. It's cost a pretty penny$$

Everything I have heard is this will be the speed control of the future. However, PP may have a GPS system in the near future.... The only thing is u have to have a drive by wire throttle system for it to work in your boat. That keeps anyone with a 05 or older boat out for the time... Mad.gif

Gibbo

Everything I have heard is this will be the speed control of the future. However, PP may have a GPS system in the near future.... The only thing is u have to have a drive by wire throttle system for it to work in your boat. That keeps anyone with a 05 or older boat out for the time... Mad.gif

Gibbo

True, no retrofit for pre-2005 boats due to the fact that Zero Off doesn't have a good servo mechanism to interface - they have to rely on the built-in TBW system that exists on 2005 and later engines. OTOH, Perfect Pass already makes a servo. Perfect Pass is known to be working on a GPS-based speed control unit and because they already have a control interface for both TBW and their own servo, I suspect we'll see them in this arena for almost all boats pretty darn quick.

Edited by Big Mac

everyone is saying it gives near actual times every pass (within .03 anyway) it doesnt have many adjustments you can make. what if i dont want to run actuals for a set or a pass?? from what ive heard you may not be able to do this...

GPS is definitely the future, with PP controlling the market I can't see them sitting back. The fact that boat owners generally keep their vessels for longer than other vehicles will hinder aftermarket sales of zero off, but there's no doubt that the lack of timers and other mechanisms needed with current speed control will be a big selling feature of zero off.