Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

making carpet look better?

Group Therapy

Got such great advice earlier so heres my next question?

how do you make the carpet stand up and look good in a bu!!

Trade It in for a newer model. The carpet in the the 05's was crap . I hadthe same issues trying to make it look better. I tried shampooing, pressure washing,vacuuming. I had no luck. It is just shi*#$ carpet. Hated it so bad I traded it in for an 07.

Trade It in for a newer model. The carpet in the the 05's was crap . I hadthe same issues trying to make it look better. I tried shampooing, pressure washing,vacuuming. I had no luck. It is just shi*#$ carpet. Hated it so bad I traded it in for an 07.

if none of hose things work then yes i would just trade it in. the carpet in the 07s is very nice. Biggrin.gif

<<<<<<you have an 2005 in your profile

You might also consider getting a "carpet saver", not only does it look good, it adds value and saves on the wear and tear on the floor. We had an 02' Sunsetter w/ carpet savewr from day one and when we sold it 4+ years later I took it out to show when selling and the carpet looked brand new. Just a suggestion.

You might also consider getting a "carpet saver", not only does it look good, it adds value and saves on the wear and tear on the floor. We had an 02' Sunsetter w/ carpet savewr from day one and when we sold it 4+ years later I took it out to show when selling and the carpet looked brand new. Just a suggestion.

I second this option. The carpet will get matted down just it'll keep it clean.

Is the carpet in my 06 the same as the 05 :unsure: Seems like I'm always working to keep the nap looking good.

Dave

The last time I cleaned my carpet, I shop vac'd the heck out of it, then took a stiff bristle brush and brushed it back against the grain. It doesn't look new, but it's not as hard and matted as it was, and it's softer on my feet.

YMMV though.

Daniel

<<<<<<you have an 2005 in your profile

I know. I will need to change that soon, but I havn't got the new one yet so I am in limbo right now. I hated that carpet soooo bad. The boat only had 90 something hours on it but the carpet looked about 10 years old. What was worse was that it was an xti and there were no carpet savers available for it. The factory no longer produces them beacause of lack of demand. I had the dealer shampoo it several times and we were at the point where they were going to try to send it back to the factory to have the carpet redone because it was such a big job on an xti. At that point I stumbled across the new vtx and decided that's what I had to have.

I haven't had one bit of trouble out of the carpet on my 05 Rlxi.

As far as the nap goes, a little compressed air will fluff it up pretty well.

What is a "carpet saver"? All I can think of are those cheesy plastic runners that realtors put down during open houses for new homes to keep from getting the new carpets dirty....

Carpet saver is the same carpeting as the boat, cut to size, that you put down on the floor to cover the installed stuff. Take it out and clean as desired.

I haven't spent enough time on my new-to-me 02 VLX to have a good sense of the shape the carpet is in, I'll have to check it out when I get out this season.

Somebody from the site could send an email to the Malibu design/production teams... Whistling.gif this seems to be a pretty constant concern of "family" members. There has got to be better performance carpet out there. These ARE Malibu's we are talking about here, not some common I/O Tease.gif

Edited by Bill W