Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

Wind Block Plexi-Glass

tmacwake

The reason I ask is becuase I have noticed that my center rear seat is catching air and actually lifting up while we are towing. When I first noticed it I thought that the seat might actually blow right out of the boat. My dealer told me today to just put the "Wind Block" in and this will not allow the air to funnel through the center and lift the seat. He said this was happening on a lot of the 07's. Anyway, I was just wondering if anyone else has had this experience.

We have an '07 VLX and the rear middle seat actually opens backwards, so there is no way it is going to blow open.

The reason I ask is becuase I have noticed that my center rear seat is catching air and actually lifting up while we are towing. When I first noticed it I thought that the seat might actually blow right out of the boat. My dealer told me today to just put the "Wind Block" in and this will not allow the air to funnel through the center and lift the seat. He said this was happening on a lot of the 07's. Anyway, I was just wondering if anyone else has had this experience.

We have an '07 VLX and the rear middle seat actually opens backwards, so there is no way it is going to blow open.

Are you saying that yours is hinged?

I asked my dealer about hinging the seat in question. He told me that they would not want to do that because everytime they service it, they would have to unscrew the hinge plate to work on the engine/tranny. This is when he told me to simply put the wind block in.

Edited by tmacwake

my 07 VLX has a hinge there. Biggrin.gif

Is it the same type of hinge that is on the "port" middle seat. Isn't the tranny right under that back/middle seat? Did it come from the dealer that way/ I know it's a lot of questions, but that was my first thought of fixing the issue and my dealer/service told me that would not be a good idea because of the service issue.

my 07 VLX has a hinge there. Biggrin.gif

I have and 07 LSV, and is has NO hinge, I guess the VLX has them, but the LSV doesn't mine also comes off when towing. I think I'm going to move the pieces that hold it on so it's tighter to see if I can get it to stay in place.

Edited by calilsv

You know, one thing I had decided to do, but never got around to when my 06 LSV was delivered was to put in a limiting strap on those rear seats. Simple braided nylon, with grommet screwed into seat bottom and affixed to the seat base, so that the seat could not get away.

I had this thought on the old boat when the mother in law was looking for something in the 413 bags she brought along as we were ripping upriver. A strong wind took a seat right out her hands put it over the side.

Is it the same type of hinge that is on the "port" middle seat. Isn't the tranny right under that back/middle seat? Did it come from the dealer that way/ I know it's a lot of questions, but that was my first thought of fixing the issue and my dealer/service told me that would not be a good idea because of the service issue.

yes it is the same hinge as the port middle seat. yes the tranny is under it. but it has the hinge and it opens away from the seat back just like the port side seat. and it did come like that. Biggrin.gif

yes it is the same hinge as the port middle seat. yes the tranny is under it. but it has the hinge and it opens away from the seat back just like the port side seat. and it did come like that. Biggrin.gif

Yep, ours is exactly the same.