Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

Wind Block Plexi-Glass

tmacwake

The reason I ask is becuase I have noticed that my center rear seat is catching air and actually lifting up while we are towing. When I first noticed it I thought that the seat might actually blow right out of the boat. My dealer told me today to just put the "Wind Block" in and this will not allow the air to funnel through the center and lift the seat. He said this was happening on a lot of the 07's. Anyway, I was just wondering if anyone else has had this experience.

The reason I ask is becuase I have noticed that my center rear seat is catching air and actually lifting up while we are towing. When I first noticed it I thought that the seat might actually blow right out of the boat. My dealer told me today to just put the "Wind Block" in and this will not allow the air to funnel through the center and lift the seat. He said this was happening on a lot of the 07's. Anyway, I was just wondering if anyone else has had this experience.

i just picked up my new 07 and we had to tow it down the interstate to get it home and we had the wind block in and every thing was fine when we got home. so i would recamend putting it in while you tow the boat. Biggrin.gif

I always tow with it in, but if the rear seat is loose then you can move the little gray stoppers on the base of the cushion. Ours didn't fit the spot all that well initially, so we adjusted those & now it fits good & tight.

We almost lost the cushion as well without the windblock in place. It was in hover mode in my rear view mirror on the freeway without the windblock. It is now mandatory on the pre-flight inspection. Shocking.gif

I always tow with mine because we always have boards and crap laying on the floor on the way to the lake.

Edited by bigD
Also a good idea so you do not lose the plastic table stand cap. It only costs about $6 but the wait for a new one was the PITA.

My cap comes out if I put the wind block in... I think it causes a lot more wind turbulance through the boat, and one more thing to put in place, and remove again later.

I've towed with it in place, but it isn't like it keeps wind out of the boat, just makes it swirl back toward the windshield

The question is...Why would you not tow with it?

Really? that's the question? I don't believe it was designed for towing... what does it help with (other than the origional post's floating seat...)?

Your seat cushion should not be doing this. It is possible that the cushion blocks weren't installed in the proper location, and the seat cushion is not snug when it is down.

I have been towing my boat for two years without the wind block installed and have never had a problem with the cushion flying up.

contact your dealer.

Get a towing cover and don't worry about it. It also keeps out all the road debris and my worst fear, someone flipping a cigarette out their window and landing in the boat burning a seat or worse, the carpet. I saw a guy with a round bale of hay one time burning in the back of his pickup because of a flipped cig. His truck totally burned up....

Really? that's the question? I don't believe it was designed for towing... what does it help with (other than the origional post's floating seat...)?

1st - I have never seen anywhere that is says DO NOT tow with plexi-glass wind block in place.

2nd - If it is designed to take winds at 45+ mph why would it not be able to with stand towing speeds? It is made of 3/8" thick plexi glass which is more than strong enough.

3rd - When in place it helps to keep road debris and bugs from being blown through the opening into the back of the boat.

So I stand by me previous post

Why would you not tow with it?

1st - I have never seen anywhere that is says DO NOT tow with plexi-glass wind block in place.

2nd - If it is designed to take winds at 45+ mph why would it not be able to with stand towing speeds? It is made of 3/8" thick plexi glass which is more than strong enough.

3rd - When in place it helps to keep road debris and bugs from being blown through the opening into the back of the boat.

1) Ah.. ok.. would you like a "warning sticker".. (I never said it would hurt anything)

2) Big difference between 40mph winds and 70mph winds... someone smarter than me would have to chime in on the multiplier.. but I'd just guess that the force is probably 2x ... still the issue isn't would it work

3) I argue that it doesn't keep any debris out.. most wouldn't come in over the bow anyway, would swirl up around the sides.. I've found instead of letting the wind go through the boat, it just goes over the windshield and swrils back in from behind. Like when you drive in a convertable, and folks riding in the back, have their hair blow forward.. the wind just comes around.

I really don't care - just don't know why people bother putting it in just to tow. If you're really that concerned about the wind... get a towing cover.

1) Ah.. ok.. would you like a "warning sticker".. (I never said it would hurt anything)

2) Big difference between 40mph winds and 70mph winds... someone smarter than me would have to chime in on the multiplier.. but I'd just guess that the force is probably 2x ... still the issue isn't would it work

3) I argue that it doesn't keep any debris out.. most wouldn't come in over the bow anyway, would swirl up around the sides.. I've found instead of letting the wind go through the boat, it just goes over the windshield and swrils back in from behind. Like when you drive in a convertable, and folks riding in the back, have their hair blow forward.. the wind just comes around.

I really don't care - just don't know why people bother putting it in just to tow. If you're really that concerned about the wind... get a towing cover.

Like This - I always tow with a CoverCrafts cover and I always tow with the wind block in place... Tongue.gif

Like This - I always tow with a CoverCrafts cover and I always tow with the wind block in place... Tongue.gif

Dontknow.gif you put the windblock in place when you're towing with the cover? At this point, I'm afraid to ask why?

Dontknow.gif you put the windblock in place when you're towing with the cover? At this point, I'm afraid to ask why?

Because it bothers you... ROFL.gif

Now that's funny right there, I don't care who you are. :lol:

Seriously though, we fall into the same camp with RiverRunner & tow with the windblock in & a towing cover. Why? Because we run with the windblock in most of the time & it's just easier to leave it there then it is to find the cover & put it away where it won't get damaged. Yes, I'm lazy. :lol: