Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

First day out this year

WakeGirl

Lake Merwin just north of Vancouver. We ride Merwin, Yale & Swift over here as they are about 15 minutes from my door. I have a house over by Sisters and a couple of friends in Redmond. We normally ride Prineville when we are on the Eastside, or Ochoco for an evening run..........

Swift resi-

p10004987hc.jpg

Edit: I also forgot to mention the sharks, alligators, platypus and other nasty creatures that infest these lakes. Seriously, put it at your own risk...........

Edited by Tracktor
Edit: I also forgot to mention the sharks, alligators, platypus and other nasty creatures that infest these lakes. Seriously, put it at your own risk...........
:lol: I can deal with sharks and alligators but platypus??Shocking.gif Count me out. :lol:

Been out twice now. Thursday and yesterday. Thursday's air temp was 72, water @ 56, yesterday's air temp was 82 water @ 57. Seemed like summer, well almost. I was suprised to see 2 other wake boats with riders behind them. When do the fishing guys load up and go home? They are everywhere.

Well, this is from the second day, but it was such fantastic water today that it's really worth sharing. Now Jetskipro, aren't you glad that you made the drive? :)

Yes.gif It was awesome!!! If I remember correctly, I was boarding while you snapped that photo. The water was amazing, weather amazing, my drysuit...not so much :lol:

We really hoped to get the boat in this week. My older daughter was home for spring break and she wanted to go the most. A week ago this ice was still solid on 90% of the lake and due to fast melt of about 24 inches of snow the lake was more than 4' above the level where they impose slow-no-wake rules. As the week went on more and more ice melted and as of Fiday there was enough open water to ski but lots of trees and branches in it. The ramps were seriously froze yet with people ice fishing about a hundred yards out, even tho the ice was geting pretty black. The water was down to within 5 inches of lifting the no wake rule. Yesterday it was within 3 inches but still lots of ice at the ramps. Kate decided to go back to school yesterday with hopes that the team boat would get out today because it didn't look like we could here yet. Well, the hydrometer says it is still 1 inch above no-wake rules today, not sure if the ramps are usable yet. So, close but yet so far, worse part is that it is in the 60's here today. The wet and dry suits are just waiting. Soon, I hope...

For those of you that are already on the water: Enjoy it and gloat while you can!

For those of you that are already on the water: Enjoy it and gloat while you can!

Well, I was going to just relax tomorrow, but if you insist.......

Dan, go for it, I do insist.

Just took a ride to the ramp to see how things looked. Someone was using the parking lot to practice parallel parking. Water is now 2 inches above no wake level. Ramp is ice free, I could see some slushy ice on the other side. But, there is am incredible amount of junk on the lake. Sticks, leaves, whole trees, cans, bottles, balls, 55 gallon barrels(dock floatation), a large round bale of hay. It was so thick in some places that you couldn't possibly even idle thru it. When the rivers that feed the lake flooded it carried a lot of junk into the lake. I won't be takeing the bou into that junk!

We finally made it out in NW Illinois today...water was a surprisingly balmy 56...I guess the few inches of rain the last week or so had a lot to do with that. It was certainly a late start to the year, but glad to be back out there to say the least.

Was out 2 times this week between rain showers. Lots of stuff floating down the River. Tryin to get out today. May not due to expected thunderstorms & flash flooding. For sure this weekend!

Well, this is from the second day, but it was such fantastic water today that it's really worth sharing. Now Jetskipro, aren't you glad that you made the drive? :)

Hopefully we'll find water like that in September...hint hint. Thumbup.gif

Nice. :)

Your coming up here this fall?

Your coming up here this fall?

Yep we'll be at Sunriver, just don't know the exact dates yet.