Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

First day out this year

WakeGirl

....is that your kickoff is like today was for us! Yahoo.gifYahoo.gif

Most people that know us would know that we are seriously behind schedule this year. By this point in the year, we've usually put 10-15 hours under our belts. But today was our first outing since the Rentalake in October, some of that had to do with my foot injury & some had to do with the new job. But in any case, today was our kickoff & we really could not have asked for a better March day here on the high desert. Water temperature went between 55-59 degrees & air was about 70. I took numerous turns surfing (we all did) & really our only mistake was to not break out the skate or boards earlier because the wind came up mid afternoon. But the boat was flawless & ran like a top. I'm sore, my foot is very swollen to the point of making it difficult to walk & I've got a good case of lakehead. It's so great that it's boating season again!! Yahoo.gifYahoo.gif

This was what it looked like when we got there & it stayed like this for a couple of hours.

post-1-1174190918_thumb.jpg

So have any of you managed to get out this weekend?

Lets see...yesterday I studied, today I studied, and tomorrow I will most likely be studying some more...to make it even better, I am part Irish and I should be drunk off my @$$ right now Mad.gif

But after all you have been through its awesome that you got out on the water today!!!! Thumbup.gifYahoo.gifClap.gif

Way to go, Tracie! Hopefully we won't be too far behind you. Elinor's ski race finals were today and now we're winding down the training. If the weather cooperates we'll be out next weekend.

Lets see...yesterday I studied, today I studied, and tomorrow I will most likely be studying some more...to make it even better, I am part Irish and I should be drunk off my @$$ right now Mad.gif

But after all you have been through its awesome that you got out on the water today!!!! Thumbup.gifYahoo.gifClap.gif

Ah, well there are a lot of people out there that have to go through a lot worse than I did. I consider myself lucky. But the first time back on the water behind the boat....I can't put words to how good it felt. Clap.gif

I don't think I've seen as many trucks and trailers in the parking lot of Anderson EVER - even in the heat of summer. It was a zoo, the water was like an ocean, it was windy (white capped a couple times) and there was lake lice crawling all over. Could SO tell that it's been above 80F this past week. Everyone's got the itch.

But man, I was so glad to be on the water Yahoo.gif

Had the whole family and a couple other friends. We had a number of calamities:

- We started late - got on the water at 2:00

- only brought 3 towels for 6 of us and a dog

- I've got a fill pump for a tank that gets stuck about every 3 times out and I've got to unscrew the top and re-attach.

- The 750lb tank lost it's drain pump (I was using the fly-high quick disconnects), just like Jason said would happen. The boat had GALLONS of water above the boards sloshing all over. Concerned the CFO, she was driving and the new people on the boat, 'Hey, you're boat's taking on water...' Always a great way to show off your boat.

- I'm goofy and rode first. Swore friend said he was regular foot, and when he was in the water on the starboard side I told him he'd be riding on the other side. He corrected me and we spent the next 5 minutes waiting for the water to get good for him. I had to drain one 750lb sac and fill the other.

- I made the big mistake of laughing at a lake lice pulling in a Bayliner, to only have one flag me down another 1/4 mile down the lake. Took us about 15 minutes to tow them back.

- I forgot my jump / battery dealie. Could have saved us 15 minutes towing those guys.

It's just a bummer when you've built something up for a few weeks and it doesn't work just like you want it to when your friend is there living it with you.

He had a good time on his 6' Santa Cruz board though:

- He's a real surfer.

post-9-1174193757_thumb.jpg

Edited by chathamsolutions
Glad to hear that some Oregonians are getting out! There is to much debree in the river for us to get out. Cry.gif

You can get out in the Willamette with the debris, but you do have to be very attentive. I don't relax behind the wheel this time of year.

Glad you were able to get out Tracie. The rehab continues.

We've been out 4 times already. Weather has been nice here in the Heart of Texas. Bought a wetsuit last Friday. Hit it last Friday, Saturday, Thursday & yesterday. Most of that was my 16yr old son. I got in a little myself. All wakeboarding. Looking to start surfing. We are newbies @ all this. But certainly enjoying it. Thumbup.gif

Welcome to the site krock!

Sounds like you're living the life.

Keep it up, your son will be so grateful once he realizes all you're doing for him (and you of course :) )

Welcome to the site krock!

Sounds like you're living the life.

Keep it up, your son will be so grateful once he realizes all you're doing for him (and you of course :) )

Thanks. Creating memories. Pretty pumped about getting all 4 of my kids into water sports. As for me I'm focusing on wakeboarding & surfing.

Darn ice coating my lake, you should be gone soon, and then itll only take 2 months for the water to get to a reasonable temperature...

Went out Sat.

Foiled all the way down the lake and back on glass and only saw a few other boats.

I love it this time of year!

Snow is melted but the ice is not. Lakes won't be good for skiing for a few weeks yet at the earliest, and I've got such a bad case of forearm tendinitis, I don't know when I'll be able to get out. I've had to pretty much completely halt my upper body strength training. My arms are useless right now. :(

Glad to hear you were able to make out Tracie Rockon.gif

We had an epic day on the water Saturday. We took the Rat and Shanook up to a Secret Spot on the Delta and found glassy water as far as you could see. 80`F air and 70`F water. Yahoo.gifYahoo.gifYahoo.gif

We had an epic day on the water Saturday. We took the Rat and Shanook up to a Secret Spot on the Delta and found glassy water as far as you could see. 80`F air and 70`F water. Yahoo.gifYahoo.gifYahoo.gif

Yeah, I went out on Sunday and was glass everywhere from Disco bay to union point. Water was not as cold as I expected either.

--Robert

We got out on the water w/ D-Goose, Crazylady, J-ro and NvBoarder from 10-4 pm for a day of boarding! In the morning the water was relatively calm. It’s our 4th time out this year on the water. It’s shaping up to be a killer ski season!

Glad to hear you’re back on the water Tracie, oh and dam you for posting a picture of that...lol

Yeah, I went out on Sunday and was glass everywhere from Disco bay to union point. Water was not as cold as I expected either.

--Robert

Yeah, we saw 64-67 and than it popped up to 70`F in one slough. You can see just a slight ripple on the water by Wimpy's

post-28-1174341496_thumb.jpg

Tracie, please take this comment the way I'm intending it... Whistling.gif

Hubba, hubba!!! Drool.gifSurprised.gifSurprised.gif

Great picture, thanks for sharing, especially because today in the midwest it was grey, overcast, cold and rainy... Cry.gif

Tracie, please take this comment the way I'm intending it... Whistling.gif

Hubba, hubba!!! Drool.gifSurprised.gifSurprised.gif

Great picture, thanks for sharing, especially because today in the midwest it was grey, overcast, cold and rainy... Cry.gif

:lol: I'll be happy to provide as many of those kinds of pictures as I possibly can. BTW, I've been meaning to tell you that I just love your signature. My 11 year old doesn't usually watch Nascar, but he'll watch just the drop of the green so he can hear old DW bust that one out. Thumbup.gif

Not to rub it in but we never shut down. I am always impressed when the ladies of the house tell me to hook up the boat in the dead of winter. Yeah we are all wearing dry suits but I don't care. Of course it never freezes here so that helps. Everyone get out there....unless your water way is road way.

Oh. I forgot to add that I am currently out on a boat right now as I type this. Well acutally it's a Princess cruise ship in the middle of the Carribean. Okay, that might be rubbing it in a little. :)Beer.gif

Edited by db252