Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

Racor LG50...grrrrr

BBeakley

I ordered my new Rankin towing cover through the group buy and decided that I'd better get off my butt and install the Racor LG50 fuel pressure thingy (that's a technical term) to avoid spilling out of my overflow vent onto the cover. So I pop over to the Overton's site where they USED to be $50 and they're now $99?? I did a little more searching around and everyone I saw that had them listed this new higher price. So then I went to the Racor website and it appears they are now a division of Parker. Apparently the new parent company thinks Racor was providing these at too low a price point so they doubled it!! Yikes! Mad.gif

Needless to say I'm going to surf around a little bit and see if there are any suitable alternatives right after I get done kicking myself for not getting one last spring when they were $50... Cry.gif

YEAH! I was going to post about this as well. Perhaps all the units ordered from people here have driven up the price??? Also, I believe they did go to $65 prior to making the jump to $100. At any rate, I just pointed this out to the CFO last night. I can't BELIEVE the price hike. Mad.gif

ShipStore.com has them for $82.80...

LG50

Only 2 left....Get 'em while they're hot!!!

It still baffles me how these are not standard equipment (even a Coast Guard requirement) on all new boats, especially top of the line ones like Malibu.

And FWIW, that unit looks to have been redesigned since I installed mine last year...maybe improved?? Dontknow.gif

EDIT: Never mind...that picture is of the LG100 (for gas or diesel)...the LG50 looks the same as it did last year.

And did you see this line in the ad at shipstore?...

"Recommended by MalibuBoatOwners.com as a "must have" modification."

Edited by rts

If you have water in the vent line, I would say it'll eventually make it's way to your tank. Unless the vent line is looped and the water evaporates.

Ordered from SKIDIM with the discount and picked up a spare impeller while I was there. Thanks for the link Tracie! Yahoo.gif