Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

2010 Wakesetter VLX 21 Ballast Locations - How can I find them and their fill pumps?

BigPapa

BigPapa

Hi Everyone,

I recently purchased a 2010 Wakesetter VLX 21 and the ballast monitoring system shows Front, Center, Left and Right ballast tanks for some pre-programmed setups.  The center and front tanks don't show any filling progress so I am looking for and replacing fuses and pumps where necessary. 

Where are the center and front ballast tanks and how can I confirm that I have them? 

Where are the fill pumps for these ballasts?

There are two pumps under the round access next to the driver's seat and I can also see a tank towards the bow under this access.  There are also two pumps in front of the engine and I found a pump under a small black panel in the back of the stern, starboard storage locker.   I would really appreciate any help I can get here as I have searched a ton.  

Thanks!

There are two rear and one center below deck ballast tanks.  There may also be an optional above deck bow ballast tank.  The ballast fill pumps are mounted to through hull fittings with shut-off valves.  Center and bow fill pumps are located under the center bilge access cover, and the rear fill pumps are near the transmission in the engine bilge area.  Each ballast tank has a drain pump attached to it, usually low and at the rear of the tank.

There are fuses for all ballast fill and drain pumps in the power modules under the dash.  The Malibu Touch Control screen has a setup menu where the bow ballast option can be turned on/off to change the displayed controls. 

• Like 1
samahickman

On this topic, how does the computer know the fill levels? I.e. when the display shows 25, 50, 75, 100%, how is that being measured? I thought it was all timer driven but I notice that after my rears drain to zero, if I wait awhile, water will settle into hard tanks from piggy back bags and I’ll see ballast % on screen suddenly. 

BigPapa

12 hours ago, csleaver said:

There are two rear and one center below deck ballast tanks.  There may also be an optional above deck bow ballast tank.  The ballast fill pumps are mounted to through hull fittings with shut-off valves.  Center and bow fill pumps are located under the center bilge access cover, and the rear fill pumps are near the transmission in the engine bilge area.  Each ballast tank has a drain pump attached to it, usually low and at the rear of the tank.

There are fuses for all ballast fill and drain pumps in the power modules under the dash.  The Malibu Touch Control screen has a setup menu where the bow ballast option can be turned on/off to change the displayed controls. 

Thank you!