Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

What is it?

broux2

I have a 1991 sunsetter euro f3 skier and in this boat i found a box on the drivers side behind the wall near the back seat. It has two hoses running to the Raw water pump. It also has one hose that runs up near the drivers seat but is not connected to anything. It just has what looks like an air compressor connector. Does anyone know what this setup is for?

Thanks,

Sounds like a lakewater shower with a quick disconnect fitting for the shower nozzle. Possibly home made as most commercial showers have a heater option. Not sure why there would be two hoses going to the raw water pump though. Is one of them connected to the hot side of the raw water system?

If the hoses are running to the fresh water pump, it would be a cold shower. Could it posibly be some type of cooling system flush? I've heard of something like that for people who run the intercoastal waterways in Florida.

so i lied a little. There is only one input and one output hose connected to the mystery pump. I checked the dash and there is no shower switch or any othe switches that would make sense. There only is an accesory switch that i am not sure what it does but every time i turn it on i get sprayed with something. Just kidding about the spraying part.

I did track the hose back and it connects to the hose that goes to the fresh water pump inlet.

If it is a cold water shower that would be cool but where do i get a nozzle that would fit this connection?