Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

Front ballast not emptying

ROCKGUY28

ROCKGUY28

Hello all, I’m new here but wanted to ask a question. 

backstory: I purchased a new to me 2008 23LSV 2 days ago on July 3rd. I know lots of you guys have super nice new boats but this has always been my dream boat and I’m very proud of it! I was very excited to have it for the 4th. Brand new 383 under the hood (with warranty) I thought it was ready to go. The boat runs awesome but when the front ballast was filled it would not empty. I went to the marina and asked lots of people if anyone had a pump (I had taken the front sending unit out to empty the tank). Where is the front pump located? How should I go about replacing it? Are there pumps for filling and pumps for emptying or are they one reversible pump? Where is the fuse panel in the boat? I’m very new to Malibu. I’ve had several much older Mastercraft boats but this is my first “modern wake boat”. Thank you in advance!

Nick55

Front ballast pumps should be in the false wall between the driver and spotter under the windshield. There will be a pump for each fill and drain.  Fuses are under the helm.