Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

Malibu Soft Grip Floor Staining

I have a 2022 LSV22. Bought new at end of season last year and just put it in the water in May. The soft-grip flooring immediately began staining from just water.

Is this a defect in the flooring? Possible warranty issue? Has anyone else experienced this and how did you resolve it. I would post a pic but site won't allow me to attach it.

Welcome to the forum. 

Become a member for $25 and you can post pictures.  

Water stains your floor permanently?  I have never heard or seen this.  The swim platform is basically in the water with the soft grip flooring on it.

ahopkins22LSV

The only time I have seen this is when the soft grip is dirty itself and sitting water will leave “rings”. Especially depending on the color. If I understand your description correctly.

• Like 2

If you get water on your kitchen floor and it leaves an area that you can see is it a defect in the material?

• Like 2
Posted (edited)
16 hours ago, ahopkins22LSV said:

The only time I have seen this is when the soft grip is dirty itself and sitting water will leave “rings”. Especially depending on the color. If I understand your description correctly.

This has been my experience on my 2022.  The swim platform is the cleanest soft grip since it's constantly getting "washed" from water (I keep it covered when the boat's not being used).  The inside soft grip just gets dirty fast.  Our dock has a concrete deck that gets dusty, the steps that run along our lift get dirty, and therefore the flip down rear seat-back step, and the floor are the first to catch the grime.  Good news is that it seems to clean up very easily with a soft bristle brush, a little tiny bit of dawn powerwash, and water.  

EDIT:  Forgot to mention that soft grip is still 1000% better than carpet in my OG boat.  :-) 

Edited by EchelonMike
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1
dizzygti
1 hour ago, EchelonMike said:

This has been my experience on my 2022.  The swim platform is the cleanest soft grip since it's constantly getting "washed" from water (I keep it covered when the boat's not being used).  The inside soft grip just gets dirty fast.  Our dock has a concrete deck that gets dusty, the steps that run along our lift get dirty, and therefore the flip down rear seat-back step, and the floor are the first to catch the grime.  Good news is that it seems to clean up very easily with a soft bristle brush, a little tiny bit of dawn powerwash, and water.  

Yeah, sounds about like mine.   Water leaves rings as it dries.   The graphite soft grip gets a light brown tint to it, but cleans up nicely with a soft brush and dish soap like you said.   The good news is it's all crap and coming up on both sides of the V drive cover/step, on the gun wales, and on the floor by the trash can.   Waiting on Malibu to approve replacement.....

• Sad 1