Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

Surf setup 05 23 LSV

BlaineM

BlaineM

Hey everyone, I just joined the Malibu Crew and bought a 2005 wakesetter 23 LSV. I’m having a hard time setting up my surf wave. Any advice? 

samahickman

What's your problem? When you say "hard time setting up surf wave", what do you mean?

BlaineM

I have the 4 stock ballasts and a wake shaper but I’m still not getting a great wave. It’s small, short, and won’t clean up. 

What speed are you going? Wedge down? Most likely need to add piggy back backs in rear and get some lead for the front to lengthen the wave. Lots of unknowns in your question. 

BlaineM

All 4 ballast are full with the power wedge down and the wake shaper on the opposite side.

ROCKGUY28

I’m having a similar problem with my new to me 08’. I’ve got the stock ballast, plus the plug and play sacs in the rear lockers. In my case the wave is plenty big but has no push. My old mastercraft x10 would shove you into the back of the boat. I’m a little thrown off. I had 12 people in the boat on the 4th and 3 on the bow. I’m headed out tomorrow with 4 people to try to do some trial and error.

The 04-10 23 LSV need a ton of weight to get the best wave.  Some days you just have to play with it a lot.  I have an 07 with 1100 in each locker and some days it’s not automatic even with a GSA.  I also have 12 50 lb lead bags I move around.  If the wave looks but no push adjust your speed and wedge.  Make sure you have bow weight.