Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

Anyone heard anything about the 2025's coming out?

What's new for the 2025 lineup?  Has anyone put in an order yet?  I think they usually start releasing things mid July, just wondering if anyone has the scoop on what is coming.

I heard there was some refreshes to certain lsv models and I’m waiting to hear . I have a 2022 model and would love to see what changes are for 2025 . 

• Like 1
  • 2 weeks later...

I know MC is getting a new software and interface similar to the G's.  Does anyone know if Bu is going to update as well?  I feel like this is coming at some point.

I think without a doubt the 24 MXZ follows the 23 of this year.  I would bet the 25 LSV remains unchanged for another year.

Really would like to see: stereo improvements, better lighting as a whole and overall board storage improvements (underneath bimini - get ride of racks).  

3 minutes ago, Five Cent Worth said:

I know MC is getting a new software and interface similar to the G's.  Does anyone know if Bu is going to update as well?  I feel like this is coming at some point.

I think without a doubt the 24 MXZ follows the 23 of this year.  I would bet the 25 LSV remains unchanged for another year.

Really would like to see: stereo improvements, better lighting as a whole and overall board storage improvements (underneath bimini - get ride of racks).  

love the idea of getting rid of racks!   i am sure they have nice margins in those and doubt they would try and get rid of them imo.

4 minutes ago, smuurph84 said:

love the idea of getting rid of racks!   i am sure they have nice margins in those and doubt they would try and get rid of them imo.

They would have equally nice margin in the racks on the underneath side.  Think of it like different racks (out of the way in my opinion) vs no racks.

23 hours ago, Five Cent Worth said:

They would have equally nice margin in the racks on the underneath side.  Think of it like different racks (out of the way in my opinion) vs no racks.

And the people will start complaining about hitting their heads again. 🙃🙃

Edited by Sparky450
  • Like 1
  • Haha 2
On 7/9/2024 at 8:30 AM, Five Cent Worth said:

Some of your guesses are correct, some are not. 

35 minutes ago, Five Cent Worth said:

Okay, some quick googling, and there lots of 2025 on web sites.  Surprised the 25 LSV got updated.  Is there any pics of these new racks along with their function?

Screenshot 2024-07-11 130731.png

The racks have been out for a bit now.   They're not that different than the 2.0's, seems like they have finer teeth in the ratcheting mechanism and more of a trigger release instead of a button.   They claim double the clamping force and three times the surface area as the grips in the 2.0 so less likely to dent the boards.    And they're PRICEY.   

https://ptmwatersports.com/collections/board-racks

Edited by dizzygti
5 hours ago, Five Cent Worth said:

Okay, some quick googling, and there lots of 2025 on web sites.  Surprised the 25 LSV got updated.  Is there any pics of these new racks along with their function?

If they are the same ratcheting clamps I have on my 2024 25 lsv. I will say they are MUCH nicer than what was on my 2019. 
it takes 2,3,4 pulls to tighten up. And seem to hold much better. With the single pull racks on my 2019, I was always concerned they were not tight. These, you know they are tight. 

Edited by Sparky450
7 hours ago, Five Cent Worth said:

Why surprised…

Gen 1: 2016 - 2018 (3 years)

Gen 2: 2019 - 2021 (3 years)

Gen 3: 2022 - 2024 (3 years)

I sense a pattern here… 😉

• Like 2
1 hour ago, Sparky450 said:

If they are the same ratcheting clamps I have on my 2024 25 lsv. I will say they are MUCH nicer than what was on my 2019. 
it takes 2,3,4 pulls to tighten up. And seem to hold much better. With the single pull racks on my 2019, I was always concerned they were not tight. These, you know they are tight. 

Yes, 2024 racks are a big improvement. I highly doubt they have another new version just one year later. Probably just a name change. 

12 hours ago, Sparky450 said:

Yes, they clamp a lot better than the racks on my 2023.   

Edited by dizzygti

What's that Anti Invasive Species Ballast Flush System option?    I've never heard of that.   You'd think they'd be touting that with all the potential legislation going on.   

45 minutes ago, IXFE said:

This is a good thing since the 26 LSV has much better lines than the 2022 - 2024 25 LSV, imho. As much as I love the current 25 (have owned two of them), the gel scheme, forward logo, and the weird rub rail have always baffled me. You can kinda “design” your way around it, but it’s not ideal. 

You know what else is good about your post? You may not have realized it, but you revealed the 2025 price, and by extension the YoY increase. 

2024 Base Price: $202,650

2025 Base Price: $206,463

Year -over- Year incr: 1.9% (easily the lowest increase we’ve seen in YEARS, which is to be expected given the state of the industry)  

* just for fun… the Base price of a 25 LSV in 2020 was $140,320. 😕

Crazy!!!!  I'm considering an upgrade, but DAMN that's expensive!  

3 hours ago, IXFE said:

This is a good thing since the 26 LSV has much better lines than the 2022 - 2024 25 LSV, imho. As much as I love the current 25 (have owned two of them), the gel scheme, forward logo, and the weird rub rail have always baffled me. You can kinda “design” your way around it, but it’s not ideal. 

You know what else is good about your post? You may not have realized it, but you revealed the 2025 price, and by extension the YoY increase. 

2024 Base Price: $202,650

2025 Base Price: $206,463

Year -over- Year incr: 1.9% (easily the lowest increase we’ve seen in YEARS, which is to be expected given the state of the industry)  

* just for fun… the Base price of a 25 LSV in 2020 was $140,320. 😕

So they only outpaced CPI by about $34k in that same time period (8% CAGR vs 4.2%): Given most of that was then opportunism of the market conditions - there's reason to expect heavy discounting to continue for a while yet.

• Like 3