Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

2005 Sunscape 25 LSV - Oil Pressure Sender / Water Temp

MFigliolia

Good afternoon everyone, Ive been lurking in the shadows scouring the forums for awhile now and found endless of helpful information and I truly appreciate the community offering insight.  Ive been searching for this last tidbit of information and I cannot seem to locate what I need.

I have an 05 25 LSV Wakesetter with the 8.1 and I cannot find the replacement part # for the oil pressure sender and water temp sender.  We replaced the gauges in the boat and removed the senders and I am having some weird issues with the boat that from my research are indicating that the boat is searching for the signals from these sesnors that no longer exist.

The issue is that the boat will run, then just shutdown without restart.  Does this seem to be what I would expect without those senders?

19 hours ago, MFigliolia said:

The issue is that the boat will run, then just shutdown without restart.  Does this seem to be what I would expect without those senders?

The issue is most likely a bad connection, not a bunch of bad sensors.  It is time to break/inspect/make connections and make sure everything is clean and tight, with no bent or pushed pins/sockets anywhere.

• 2 weeks later...
MFigliolia
On 6/25/2024 at 10:14 AM, justgary said:

The issue is most likely a bad connection, not a bunch of bad sensors.  It is time to break/inspect/make connections and make sure everything is clean and tight, with no bent or pushed pins/sockets anywhere.

I ended up tearing all the connections, cleaning the contacts and testing the water temperature sensor and oil pressure sender.  The temperature sensor was out of spec, and was causing the weirdness.  Things got a good cleaning in the process.