Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

DD owners...

1FootDan

Back seat...  

248 members have voted

1. 1. Do you leave your back seat in the boat?

• Yes, and it is usefull.
    • Yes, but it is in the way more than anything.
    • No, takes up to much room and isn't really usfull.
    • I am not a DD owner but want to see the results...

I need an option that says:

I take it out whenever going out for slalom sets but put it in when going out with the family.

This is the case for me.

As another stated it does make a nice spot for the ladies to show off their tans when it is up on the arm rests.

Thumbup.gif Second that motion! Nowhere for the boat accessories to sit if you take the back seats out.

• 3 months later...
  • Replies 66
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• VinRLX

• 88Skier

• areamike

• martinarcher

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

What is a launch seat?

I have a DD when I pull the back seat out the gas tank shows unless I leave the back of the seat in..... The bottom of the seat comes out separate.

Thanks

AF1

• 1 month later...
We used it a lot last year, but I bought a Fat Sat Pro X rear seat that will replace it in the spring. Anyone use one for their back seat? Are they decent to sit on?

I would like to know the same thing, I am sure that putting in a fatseat would be easer than strengthening the trunk floor to hold a bag in the trunk.

When course skiing, which is probably 70% of what my boat gets used for, the seat is out. Unneeded extra weight, it's in the way, don't want the foot trafffic wearing on the vinyl. When we're doing the family thing the seat is in and it's definitely handy. For me at least the skiing and the family thing are mutually exclusive.

Ed

• 2 weeks later...

90% of the time mine is out. The Sunsetter LXIhas the nice 3 peice option that still leaves a seat on either side and the middle peice comes out leaving a clear walkway to the back. It's takes out only about 1/2 the seat which is nice so it can be stored under the observers.

Thumbup.gif

Steve

So is/has anyone currently or in the past used the Fat Sac Pro X rear seat? I'm curious to see how it works as an actual seat if you take enough people with you to need a back seat. Thanks!

90% of the time mine is out. The Sunsetter LXIhas the nice 3 peice option that still leaves a seat on either side and the middle peice comes out leaving a clear walkway to the back. It's takes out only about 1/2 the seat which is nice so it can be stored under the observers.

Thumbup.gif

Steve

The Supra had that setup too Steve except the center seat was only maybe 25% of the total. Even when doing the family thing we hardly ever used the center seat, left it out for more access to the rear/platform. The first time the center seat was even in the boat in the last 5-6 years was when I sold her.

Ed

• 4 weeks later...

Funny... I started this thread because I found the rear seat useless. However, on my DXII, I found myself keeping it in most of the time last summer. Unlike my other boats, it is reversible. So people don't have to step on it when they get in, plus people face the rider. My 3 yo son and his buddies love it, it's like their area. It actually has the advantage of an open bow except it is in the back. So it doesn't block your vision and if a kid falls overboard, I am sure not to run him over.

DanielDXII200841.jpg

DanielDXII200840.jpg

DanielDXII200839.jpg

• 5 months later...
Funny... I started this thread because I found the rear seat useless. However, on my DXII, I found myself keeping it in most of the time last summer. Unlike my other boats, it is reversible. So people don't have to step on it when they get in, plus people face the rider. My 3 yo son and his buddies love it, it's like their area. It actually has the advantage of an open bow except it is in the back. So it doesn't block your vision and if a kid falls overboard, I am sure not to run him over.

Nice design! That is smart. Wish I had that.

Mine stays in all the time, but I have small kids too.

• 1 month later...

I have an '02 Response LX with a removable seat base and I leave the seat in the boat all the time because it is easier than storing in the garage. I remove it when we go across lake to the course and put it back in when cruising.

Gary

Mine is a three part cushion, the two outside seat cushions have storage underneath (boxed in) while the center cushion has no panel under the front of it, just small rails on both sides to hold it up and in place. So it can be taken out, allowing someone to climb onto or off of the swim platform without stepping on a seat while still having a place for two people to sit in the back. It works out nice.

Ditto....love the SS LXI. I use to keep it in all the time but last year I started removing it because of all the foot traffic it was getting. In 10 years I am going to have one great looking center back seat cushion to put into my old tattered Bu.

Yet another reason why I am in the market for a SS Lxi.

On our Euro F3 the back seat has been above the garage for the last 5 years.

Would that be considered the Sanger DXII Open Stern Edition?

We are almost always skiing so we like the added room that we get with the seat out. I have a covered boat lift so what I did was put a eyelet bolt in the back of the seat base on each side and then took motorcycle tie down straps and went around one of the roof beams on each side. Then I got some S hooks put them in the straps and then connected to the eyelet hooks. It is up and out of the way in seconds and when we need it I just unhook and set it right back in. I actually think it works quiet well.

We are almost always skiing so we like the added room that we get with the seat out. I have a covered boat lift so what I did was put a eyelet bolt in the back of the seat base on each side and then took motorcycle tie down straps and went around one of the roof beams on each side. Then I got some S hooks put them in the straps and then connected to the eyelet hooks. It is up and out of the way in seconds and when we need it I just unhook and set it right back in. I actually think it works quiet well.

Nice solution. If only I had a lift. If only I lived on the lake. If only . . . .