Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

DD owners...

1FootDan

Back seat...  

248 members have voted

1. 1. Do you leave your back seat in the boat?

• Yes, and it is usefull.
    • Yes, but it is in the way more than anything.
    • No, takes up to much room and isn't really usfull.
    • I am not a DD owner but want to see the results...

Personnally, everyone I know who as a Direct Drive boat does not leave the rear seat in. I think it should possible to have it credited or exchanged for 2 Launch seat (or judge seat or jump seat or whatever they call it).

On my 2006 Response, I took it out before firsyt time launching it and hasn't been in there since. What a waste of room (it takes up) and money...

• Replies 66
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• VinRLX

• 88Skier

• NorCaliBu

• martinarcher

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I can always use the seating...plus I think it looks funny when it's out. But I can see how the weight could effect some of the better skiers on the site. Me? I could have a spare engine block in the boat and I probably wouldn't notice the difference in the wake.

I need an option that says:

I take it out whenever going out for slalom sets but put it in when going out with the family.

same here. we leave ours in the ski shed, and just stick it in the boat when there are extras coming...

In an iRide it doesn't really help to have the seat out. Underneath the seat is a cooler and storage. Without the seat you'd still have the supporting structure underneath in the way.

I guess the poll was really for response owners, not DD owners...

My seat comes out sometimes but is also used other times. When we are footing or running the course, it is normally out. When using the boat for family or wakeboarding, it is in.

I take it out whenever going out for slalom sets but put it in when going out with the family.

I second that voting option.

Ours never comes out, I would take it out all the time if the "supports" to the bench weren't screwed into the floor. Over SB I am making a custom rear seat base so I can but a sack underneath it, so it won't ever be coming out. Yahoo.gif

I have an RLX. Small cockpit. 70% for skiing.... in which case the back seat is useless. 30% for kids boarding... in which case we need the floor space. (Besides, I don't want their stupid boards and fins from ripping the rear seat skins.)

Even now that I (regrettfully) boat a skypole and pole rack for the baords to free up floor space, I still don't see the rear seat going back in.

Mine comes out at the begiining of the season. Sits in storage.

One Launch Seat sits in the boat at all times.... and some times I add a second Launch seat.

I like the idea that hard-core skier-buyers (of the DD's) could get the option of rear seat OR 2 Launch Seats. I think many would opt for the 2X Launch Seats.

same here. we leave ours in the ski shed, and just stick it in the boat when there are extras coming...

Plus1.gif

Take it out if we're providing our boat for ski schools as don't want numerous people walking all over it but otherwise it's in.

I'd probably take it out for family slalom skiing too (only 4 of us) but to be honest we've noticed no wake difference with it in or out (02 RLX). Fuel load makes more difference.

Ours never comes out, I would take it out all the time if the "supports" to the bench weren't screwed into the floor. Over SB I am making a custom rear seat base so I can but a sack underneath it, so it won't ever be coming out. Yahoo.gif

same here re: supports not coming out on my LXI...when I'm typically on the slalom ski, we're at the private pond and room isn't an issue. all of the gear is on the dock. when we are out on the public lakes, it's usually with a boat full and we need all the space we can get.

in my single days, it would be 4 people in the boat from sunrise to sunset, back seat out, slalom/footing/trick gear, extra gas & coolers piled up high.

Edited by Addictedto6

I haven't really tried running the boat with it out but at the same time I have recognised that the extra room with it out would be an advantage. This has inspired me to try it.

Thanks for the idea.

Terry

This is the case for me.

As another stated it does make a nice spot for the ladies to show off their tans when it is up on the arm rests.

I hate to agree with Michael, but this time I have to.

Get three throwable cushings, and store them under the bow. Put them on the floor, when people want to sit back there. They had this stuff all figured out 40 years ago.

Yahoo.gif I love causing Jack discomfort. :lol:

Yahoo.gif I love causing Jack discomfort. :lol:

OK, after re-reading this. . .

Shocking.gif