Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

Dewinterizing soon

lakewaterjunky

It got up to 81 here today and sunny, it felt great. A lot of motorcycles were out.

I’m giving the Sunsetter one to two weeks tops to sleep before bringing her out of hibernation, we should be clear of a freezing night by then to be safe. Tax money will be here soon, hello Tower !

Bring on summer! We’re chomping at the bit to get out even if the water is too cold to ski, just being on the lake daring someone to jump in will feel wonderful ! Yahoo.gif

We’re chomping at the bit to get out even if the water is too cold to ski, just being on the lake daring someone to jump in will feel wonderful ! Yahoo.gif

You're right about that. Got the family on the lakes Saturday. Air was warm but water a little too cold for me, but it was nice to get out there in the sunshine with my wife and daughter and stretch the Sunsetter's legs a bit.

It won't be long now.

Too cold to ski? Weenie Tongue.gif We were out last week. Air was 70ish and the water was between 49-51 degrees. Felt toasty in the ole wetsuit. As soon as it hits 65 the wetsuit is done for the year.

Until they come up with a dry suit that covers my hands, feet and head completely, I'll wait until the water is closer to 80 degrees until I get in. I don't even get in my pool until it's above 85 (the solar heater is getting it real close in the afternoons right now)

That still gives me a 5-6 month "season", so it's plenty for me. The kids are loving it right now, though, but they'd get in the water in December if we'd let them.