Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

2022 23 LSV M6 Prop

Picked up a new to me LSV w/ the M6, feels like it might be propped for a super heavy load.  So, far w/ full ballast & our crew it jumps out of the water, if you hammer it.  We will use it for surfing , little kids wakeboarding, knee-boarding & tubing, & just family cruising. 

I'm turning about 3500 RMP going 20-21 MPH w/ no ballast, would like to be able to cruise at lower rpm to help the fuel bill out a little & I don't need it rip people's arms off if the driver hammers it. I'm at sea level.   Is the Acme 2805 the way to go?   I'm not sure what prop is on it right now, will get it out of the water tomorrow & check.  I know it's a brand new OJ that the dealer just put on.  

Edited by Horns1
added info
  • Like 3

Congrats on the boat!  Did you post pics?  Can't wait to see it!

I changed to the 2805 on my 2022 23 LSV and I have the M5 vs M6.  In my opinion, this prop would really work great on an M6 boat unless you run really heavy or at high elevation.  The boat is so much more relaxed with the 2805 vs feeling like it was revving to the moon at every speed with the "torque" prop (ACME 3537).  Very pleased with this prop so far.  No issues with surf speeds with PNP plus factory ballast with the M5...so again, the M6 will have even more power to overcome the higher (numerically) pitched prop.  It will run low 40s top end too which is great for the big lake we boat on for cruising.

EDIT:  I bought the 2805 from Prop Depot for $838.11 with free ship.  It was here in 2 days.  Highly recommend them and it was the best price on new that I found.

Edited by EchelonMike

I replaced the original High altitude / torque prop on my 2023 25LSV (3077 maybe?) with the 2805 as quickly as I could.  I have not run into any problems surfing with a full crew, wakeboarding (admittedly don't do much and usually not too weighted), or getting up on plane when fully ballasted.

I actually nicked the 2805 on some debris last time out and am not looking forward to switching back while I get the 2805 corrected.

• Like 1

I've got the same setup (2022 23 LSV with the M6) and am running the 2805. I got the boat with a 17x15.5 torque prop and the difference was night and day. We run from sea level to about 500' ASL and I've never been wanting for power regardless of the crew size or ballast. Noise is less, wave "feels" better, cruise with lower RPM... I would definitely recommend that prop. 

• Like 2
20 hours ago, BvrGuy said:

I've got the same setup (2022 23 LSV with the M6) and am running the 2805. I got the boat with a 17x15.5 torque prop and the difference was night and day. We run from sea level to about 500' ASL and I've never been wanting for power regardless of the crew size or ballast. Noise is less, wave "feels" better, cruise with lower RPM... I would definitely recommend that prop. 

^^^^This.  I'm in a similar position and run the 2805 and I'm 1,000' ASL or less. and have had zero issues.  

Have a 23 with the M6. Hit a log about a month ago with the prop that came with the boat. It was a 3305...? Anyway, decided to try the 2805. Much improvement without any appreciable difference. Surfed just fine at 10.8mph and a few hundred less rpm, but not an issue. Plenty of power. We do a fair amount of just riding around. going to eat, and love the extra few mph at lower rpm. the 2805 is a winner at our altitude of about 900'msl. Our next 23 will come with a 2805.

We have a 2805 on our 23 with the M6.  It is just what we want, 6+ people, surfing and wakeboarding plus cruising.  

The 2805 is 17x17.