Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

Power wedge actuator running

2018 25lsv

Have not gotten any codes or errors but when I stow my power wedge the actuator keeps running...I can hear a low hum below the swim platform.  If I wiggle the wedge it shuts off.

In the debug mode I get the following readings

In stowed position it reads 200 with 3.38V

In Lift it reads    0 with .25V

Thanks

It may be bad sensor. Is this pw2 or pw3 ? Keep eye on it. It may blow the breaker (port side front of transom).

mines doing this too but now things wedge isn’t stowed when it is. I’ve got pw3 though so the sensor isn’t replaceable.

The power wedge sensor voltage should be 0.50v to 0.53v when all the way down in lift mode.  The sensor could need adjustment or the magnetic bolt underneath the sensor could have come loose on the Power Wedge 2.  Power Wedge 3 sensors are not adjustable, but the actual sensor can be replaced on the PW2 or PW3 if needed. 

Check all if the bolts and fasteners on the wedge assembly and check the electrical cable connections on the battery terminals, port power distribution post, and engine block ground studs first.

I adjusted the sensor and it seems to be working properly now.  Magnet did not seem loose at all.  Lift mode number bouncing between .49 and .50V.  Not sure why it would have become uncalibrated though?

If the magnetic bolt or set nut is loose under the wedge position sensor, then the sensor voltage can fluctuate as the bolt rotates on the PW2, but on the PW3 that bolt is welded in place to the bracket and can't move.