Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

LF Advice/Recs to add plumbed ballast to 2002 Malibu LSV in Colorado

Eshiff

Hi! I have a 2002 Malibu Sunscape LSV 23. Manual wedge. Diamond Hull. I run a Ronix Eight 3 Shaper (velcro) and a few inconsistent fat sacs in the rear lockers. Sometimes 150s, sometimes 300s. - usually 4-6 adults in the boat. I get an inconsistent wave, sometimes awesome and i can drop the rope, other times just slush with no obvious wave and it's hard to drop the rope. Have a hard time getting up to speed (i have aftermarket perfect pass set to 11.5 but usually don't get there). 

Anyway, I live in colorado and I'd love to 1) get some plumbed in (two ways) ballast; throwing the pump over the side is hard with little kids running around and 2) understand what's else I should be doing with the setup to make the wave work better, more consistently. The manual wedge is supposed to be 1k pounds of downward pressure. 

Any suggestions on 1 or 2 would be amazing! We surf boyd lake in colorado and I am not handy enough to do any of it myself. 

Picture of surfable wave

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1B5EooUwIpzCv0vksj_8_8_3HxL9mHffl/view?usp=sharing