Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

Front Ballast 2018 VTX Question

Norm2020

Not sure what's going on here. When I fill my front hard tank ballast it will only fill half full and continues to drain as if it was full. Eventually the pump will shut off only half full.

My gage shows half full so I removed the floor to verify and it was truly half full and the pump still running. 

Any suggestions please?

To clarify.  You are running the fill and when the tank is half full you have water coming out the overflow?  And you are certain that your bilge pump is not running and the water is coming from that - right?

Correct old jeep thanks

Imagine:

Bow flooring is out.

Turn on the front pump and all seems normal.

Watching the ballast tank fill, once it fills to half full and the gage measures correctly the tank will discharge and not complete the fill to 100%

No leaks in the tank or fittings

????