Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

Fuel Filter Location and Part Number

stanresponsetxi

I have a 2012 Response TXi with an Indmar 330 LCR EFI-MPI (330 hp).  I can't located a fuel filter on/near the motor.  It has a Malibu PN 3020517.1 fuel pump in the tank.  The Malibu parts page doesn't list a fuel filter with this fuel pump.  Where is the fuel filter?  What is the part number?  

All of the fuel filters on Indmar GM engines with in-tank fuel pumps that I've seen have a metal in-line fuel filter attached to the bank 1 side of the transmission (port on a direct drive).  It is Indmar PN 556003. 

The filter socks for the Millenuim in-tank fuel pumps do not require regular service.  There is a kit, Malibu PN 006541, containing a pair of filters if for some reason they would need replacement.  A new pump gasket and a dozen washer seals would be needed when reinstalling the pump.  I highly recommend only having an experienced marine technician, very familiar with this procedure doing the work.  That is NOT what I would consider a DIY job.

3 hours ago, stanresponsetxi said:

I have a 2012 Response TXi with an Indmar 330 LCR EFI-MPI (330 hp).  I can't located a fuel filter on/near the motor.  It has a Malibu PN 3020517.1 fuel pump in the tank.  The Malibu parts page doesn't list a fuel filter with this fuel pump.  Where is the fuel filter?  What is the part number?  

Why do you think you need one?

stanresponsetxi

I received receipts from the previous owner and it lists a Mastercraft PN filter (155199) and gasket (155102) being changed year the previous two years they owned it.  I'm starting my third summer without changing it.  The Malibu owner's manual says it should be changed each year.  It is currently running fine, but I thought it would be a good idea to change it.

I found an Indmar Exploded View image for the 5.7L's showing the fuel line routed on the port side by the transmission with the Indmar PN 56003 fuel filter.  My fuel line is on the starboard side and goes up under the plenum with no sign of a filter that I can see.

Posted (edited)

Fwiw.  I have a 12 year old vtx with the 350ss.  Finding or changing a fuel filter is not on the list of things I have done.

Edited by oldjeep

I changed my filter in 2014, but only because I removed the tank to access the exhaust hoses and tips.  I cleaned the tank and changed all of the fuel lines (and blower hoses) while I had it out.