Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

Who's got the oldest running rig

h60swimmer

Mine was a 1986 and as of last week it is still runing. However, I sold it, it wasn't a Malibu, and it wasn't even a true ski boat so I probably don't count...... (1986 Sea Ray Sorrento 21 ft)

Jeff/AirChair1

1979 Glastron SSV173

Skyjac Pylon

Trim Plate

Ballast sacs

The wake is great up to intermediate and the slalom aint too bad either.

There is a picture on a thread around here somewheres. Or you can just peak at my avatar. :)

Do I win? Surprised.gif

Hijack......How about who has the most hours on a non-rebuilt engine.

I only have 190 ish but it would be interesting to see some longevity.

Graduated to Malibu in 2000 from a 1978 Ski Supreme. Had 1460 hours on the original motor when I rebuilt it in 1994. Sold it to a friend (yes, he's still my friend :) ) who is still using it today.

Mike's right - great starter boat!

Had an old 16' 79 Marlin until I bought the bu.

Was this marlin an inboard? I ask this because a friend of mine had a 1989 Marlin Skier (I believe it was a skier) anyway his is the only one I have ever seen. I have googled it, checked boat trader, everything. I swear there wasn't another one made :lol: I thought I saw a different one last year at the lake but the new owner of his just put a tower on it. I was Mad.gif in a funny sense

I had a 1971 Sidewinder I/O until a tree fell on it 2 years ago and I bought a 1992 Flightcraft 18xlt.

Speaking of old rigs, how about a 13 year old boat and a 69 year old owner. Total: 82 years.

OldHickory

I didn't have the oldest (non-bu), but I had my Checkmate V-MateII for 26yrs. It still would go 55+mph and was all original. Even the trailer tires were original.

• 2 years later...

how about a 1990 malibu skier in perfect condition and only 317 hours on the boat and 278 on the motor (because of the california, bay area freeze in 1991)

1976 18 1/2 foot Witchcraft. I just bought my Bu in April and my son now uses the Witchcraft. Here is a picture of it in May of this year. I am pretty anal with my toys!

post-4049-1187144196_thumb.jpg

1993 MasterCraft ProStar 190 Limited 25th Anniversary Edition. I was told it was 1 of 25 made. This boat was in pristine condition with about 400 hours. I think it had the Corvette motor.

I had the pleasure of driving this beauty on Saturday! Nice!!!

post-68-1187144748_thumb.jpg

I use to own a 1961 Ski Nautique. First year they went to full figerglass. A friend still has it and is still running.

Just sold a 1986 Sunsetter. Great boat. I guess I like old boats.

TLC Clap.gifYahoo.gif

Hey, Marlin skiers were very plentiful around here. I had an 86, and knew about an several 85's a couple of 87's.

I have also had a 74 tahiti, 89 malibu skier, 95 sunsetter, and a 98 sunsetter. Put about 1500 hours on the marlin, and 200-500 on each of the others. Biggrin.gifBiggrin.gifBiggrin.gif