Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

VLX in 7' garage

Daman

I know there are tons of threads, but I have some photos of what I was able to accomplish in the 7' garage access. By removing the front hoop and sliding in back on the window I was able to clear it. Then I unbolted the left rear hoop joint and twisted the whole tower inward, then dropped it down. This helped clear the rear tower without having to completely remove it. Fun stuff, my summer has arrived.

4-1.jpg

3-1.jpg

2-1.jpg

6.jpg

Daman as you may remember, I get mine in without unbolting the rear hoop. I pull the tow pylon and it lets the bar set about 4" lower and clears the door. I think your speakers keep you from doing this though. Is that correct?

Daman as you may remember, I get mine in without unbolting the rear hoop. I pull the tow pylon and it lets the bar set about 4" lower and clears the door. I think your speakers keep you from doing this though. Is that correct?

I cant do that with the speakers, I have to unbolt one side and turn it in towards the center of the boat.

I'm thinking When I do the tower speakers, they will be mounted on the front hoop then I can still get away with this setup. Wires will have to run through rear bar and detached from speakers before dropping tower.

Doesn't make sense. I measured my door and it's 7'2" at the lip and my boat slides under easily, even with the racks still attached. I have a Boatmate trailer and Illusion X tower.

Wow, I thought I was crazy for unbolting my whole tower to make it fit. I have a VTX, so it may sit a little lower than a VLX. I do have an Extreme trailer and the Titan III w/ 4 Alpha I's. My garage height is 6' 11". By disassembling the tower I am able to get it to about 6' 8". It is a little time consuming and it takes 3 of us, but these are the things we do for our babies.

Wow, I thought I was crazy for unbolting my whole tower to make it fit. I have a VTX, so it may sit a little lower than a VLX. I do have an Extreme trailer and the Titan III w/ 4 Alpha I's. My garage height is 6' 11". By disassembling the tower I am able to get it to about 6' 8". It is a little time consuming and it takes 3 of us, but these are the things we do for our babies.

You've got yourself a good dealer there in Ventura and an excellent choice on the boat. You only need to unbolt one side of your rear hoop, and can simply unbolt the front hoop and gently place it on the window slid back. So I am assuming you are a bona fide Piru junking now.