Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

old school

danc

I have a 86 sportster with a omc springerdrive was wondering is there any more out there and anyone put a wake tower on one ??? I don't see it in the list of malibu boats ..

DC

Welcome danc.

An '86 Sportster? Are you sure it isn't a '96 Sportster? Or maybe an '86 Skier?

or the Sunsetter?

I wish it was no it is an 86 sportster w/ an omc I/O it only has 270 hrs ...I am in the process of repairing the floor..

I see there is on on Craigslist up in the Seattle area. It is a stern drive unit. Not sure if it was actually built by the current Malibu company or what as I am not an expert by any means.

Link 1986 Malibu Sportster

That's it !! that is only the second one I've seen. I love the boat even though it is a dinosaur ...

DC

That's really cool! (I'm not going to buy it but...) I can see how people would dig it. An '86 Sportster, well I'll be... this place continues to amaze me. :)

Yes, it is a Malibu, I just didn't know that they called that model a Sportster. You learn something new....anyway, if you look in the Malibu 20th Anniversary book, it's got a picture or 2 of a boat like that (I can scan some pics of it if you like). I've seen a few around - one up at Prineville Resevoir & another at Shasta, heck one was for sale last summer about a mile from here in someone's yard. I should have taken some pictures. It was Malibu's first model as I recall, before they started building tourny boats.

danc, you may be our first member with that model. Again, welcome. :)

Cool. A buddy of mine had the Sanger version.
I had no idea...thats pretty cool!

Yea, sometimes surprising that Stewart had buddies... I myself.. am not so surprised, but either way - it is cool, congrats Stewart Yes.gif

I see there is on on Craigslist up in the Seattle area. It is a stern drive unit. Not sure if it was actually built by the current Malibu company or what as I am not an expert by any means.

Link 1986 Malibu Sportster

That's it !! that is only the second one I've seen. I love the boat even though it is a dinosaur ...

DC

and with only 446 hours! :unsure:

Yea, sometimes surprising that Stewart had buddies... I myself.. am not so surprised, but either way - it is cool, congrats Stewart Yes.gif
:lol: Bored Troy?
:lol: Bored Troy?

Yea - avoiding what I'm supposed to be doing... it is end of quarter, and I'm twitching a little (crunch time)

I just take pride in giving JSP a hard time... might I point out, that I'm getting paid, while I give JSP a hard time Innocent.gif

...might I point out, that I'm getting paid, while I give JSP a hard time Innocent.gif
:lol: And we all know he's not getting paid. :lol:

Hey JSP... Tongue.gif

Lets use this quote as an example.. (putting my analysis skills to use...)

I hardly have time for this site, but when I am in a mood for a laugh I go to college humor and see how stupid drunk people are.

So in the past 2 years, JSP has become 'of age' and now *IS* one of the drunk people that he used to make fun of...

I don't drink all the time, but on a weekend night I could easily have 6-12 beers...I guess I just need to nut up and start doing shots

and maybe unrelated.. or as a result.. has seemed to have found more than enough time for this site Whistling.gif

ok.. back to work for a few min

...might I point out, that I'm getting paid, while I give JSP a hard time Innocent.gif
:lol: And we all know he's not getting paid. :lol:

Hey JSP... Tongue.gif

Lets use this quote as an example.. (putting my analysis skills to use...)

I hardly have time for this site, but when I am in a mood for a laugh I go to college humor and see how stupid drunk people are.

So in the past 2 years, JSP has become 'of age' and now *IS* one of the drunk people that he used to make fun of...

I have never been drunk Whistling.gif

I don't drink all the time, but on a weekend night I could easily have 6-12 beers...I guess I just need to nut up and start doing shots

and maybe unrelated.. or as a result.. has seemed to have found more than enough time for this site Whistling.gif

no comment...

ok.. back to work for a few min