Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

Scanstrut Wireless Charger Install

Nick55

This spring I installed some wireless chargers to try out.  Since we are pretty much streaming everything now I decided I really didn’t want multiple different cords hanging around (nor did I want to mess with 12V USB plugs either).  After shopping around I selected a Scanstrut with a small mat to help keep the phone in place if it got rough on the water. Rokk Wireless Catch, $71 at Wholesale Marine.  It’s a 10W charger, 2A charging current with a .2A standby current draw.  My first one was installed in the cubby next to the drivers seat near the shifter.  Install was simple, 2.5” hole saw, and the charger adheres to the bottom of the mat with 3m adhesive, which then adheres to the surface you mount it to.  I made a jumper harness to power this charger from the 12V outlet in the circuit breaker panel by the kill switch.  IMG_0382.thumb.jpeg.a7aaf2c523cfc7aba86b7f5e7edf3bcd.jpeg

IMG_0385.jpeg

IMG_0383.jpeg

Nick55
Posted (edited)

Installed in the cubby.  My second one will be mounted in the glove box this week. 

IMG_0388.jpeg

IMG_0389.jpeg

Edited by Nick55
  • Like 2