Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

Looking for OJ/Acme prop test from last year

88Skier

I've been trying to find the thread from last year with the comparisons of OJ and Acme props on ski boats. I thought Edwin and/or UWSkier had done them. There was also a chart started with different boats, props, rpms, etc. Anyone know where to find them?

That's it. Thanks! It was Martho. I knew there was a name I was forgetting. What prop did you end up buying?
OJ XMP 13 X 12 3 Blade...Love it!! Thumbup.gif
That's it. Thanks! It was Martho. I knew there was a name I was forgetting. What prop did you end up buying?
OJ XMP 13 X 12 3 Blade...Love it!! Thumbup.gif

What are your rpms, speed. It seems like OJ has a little more pitch or blade surface than the same size Acme.

What are your rpms, speed. It seems like OJ has a little more pitch or blade surface than the same size Acme.
Almost exactly 1 mph for each 100 rpm's. At the top...5000 rpm = 49.8 mph.

I can take specific notice of the rpm's at different skiing speeds if you're interested...it seems I only look at my tach when taking off...while driving I'm using the GPS (no PP). :)

No, that's good, thanks. I'm debating between the 13x12 and 13x12.5. If I bought Acme, I'd go with the 12.625. OJ is doing a demo, so maybe I'll try the 12.5 first. Gotta dig the boat out once the ice is gone and test. I think I'll remove the wedge , too. That's got to make some difference.