Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

Do I pull off the Raw pump to install a new belt?

I took a glance at my v-belt in my 2000 wakesetter vlx the other night while installing new exhaust hoses (to plan for my alternator install) and it looks like I have to pull the raw water pump to get a new belt around the crank pulley. Is this right or is my mind playing tricks on me? The search didnt bring anything up. Can someone post some pics of their setups to make sure the boat has the proper pulley setup on it (since I bought it used) and how you went about installing a new belt.

Thanks,

Matt Winans

I took a glance at my v-belt in my 2000 wakesetter vlx the other night while installing new exhaust hoses (to plan for my alternator install) and it looks like I have to pull the raw water pump to get a new belt around the crank pulley. Is this right or is my mind playing tricks on me? The search didnt bring anything up. Can someone post some pics of their setups to make sure the boat has the proper pulley setup on it (since I bought it used) and how you went about installing a new belt.

Thanks,

Matt Winans

Whistling.gif Well....I don't know about yours, but mine is very simple. Remove the bracket for the fresh water pump, and the hoses. Loosen the belt at the alternator and take it off. Reverse the procedure and in about 5-10 minutes your done.

Edited by Sunset_Bob

Mine has a "tensioning" bolt that adds tension and then a "locking " nut once the correct amount of tension on the belt. Get a belt tension guage to measure.

post-291-1173739409_thumb.jpg

Bob, that sounds about right then. Thanks I wasnt sure which item would be easiest to remove, the bracket and hose clamps or the assembly at the harmonic balancer.

Thanks.

Mine has a "tensioning" bolt that adds tension and then a "locking " nut once the correct amount of tension on the belt. Get a belt tension guage to measure.

Yeah, as much of a pain as it is to get to the impeller on the Black Scorpions, at least we can swap out our drive belts easily. :)

Cool, thanks Pete, how are things in your neck of the woods? Dont think I forgot that I still owe you a couple pulls, lol. This whole 80 degree weather during tax season is BRUTAL, esp with the knee re-hab etc. After 4-15-07 we need to get together and compare bu's.

Yeah man,

I'm down to go any day with temps. like this.

It's hot as heck in that big white box I'm driving around all day.

I'm thinking about de-winterizing the boat this weekend.

Yeah man,

C'mon Pete you should have it down by now. What the truck has no A/C ? You never called me to go out that weekend ! Innocent.gif

Peace

Yeah man,

C'mon Pete you should have it down by now. What the truck has no A/C ? You never called me to go out that weekend ! Innocent.gif

Peace

Crap!

You're right, I totally forgot to call you. I don't remember that far back as to why I didn't.

Anyway, I'm working on sweating off these extra 10 lbs. of ballast. As for A/C, I think your trucks are the ones that have it. Crazy.gif

Edited by Pistol Pete

Good to hear you are still with the family, We will have to catch up soon.

As for the trucks, its another story. Im just glad I get an assigned truck to drive daily and I keep it clean just like my personal vehicle.

Peace out

post-339-1174507252_thumb.jpg

Heres my RIG sporting some 22.5 white steel wheels and AIR-RIDE suspension