Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

Prop for 04 VLX?

peter19u

Took the boat out for the first time this season and when I can back I noticed that the prop was bent at some of the ends. It's not that bad but I do notice a little shaking at lower rpms. There was alot of floating debris (sticks and logs) in the lake (Folsom) so I must have hit some of it. What prop would you recommend for the boat? I was planning on getting the prop at DIM? Is this still the best place for price and service or can someone recommend somewhere else online. I had no idea that the prop could bend so easy. Better get a few spares!! Thanks for the help.

Thx, Pete

Thanks for the heads up. I just sent Greg a message. I better get a few props, I didn't know they bent that easy. Was great to get out on the water again!

-Pete

Get your old one fixed to keep as a spare (week-end saver)...

American River Propeller

3263 - F Monier Circle

Rancho Cordova, CA 95742

916-631-9909

Repairs depend on the extent of the damage but figure somewhere around $100 unless it's really bad.

New...I haven't seen the prices for the group buy (I'm not participating as I already have an OJ XMP on the boat and a backup). Skier-To-Skier.com sells the OJ XMP's for $300 delivered. ACME's generally cost a bit more. The group buy really is your best bet. Get a puller and case with your new prop to carry your spare in...you'll be glad you did.

Peter,

When were you on Folsom (Sat or Sun)... saw lots of Malibus when we were out on Sun - not sure I know what you boat looks like though :)

Sorry about your bent prop - there was quite a bit of small sticks on Folsom, though definitely not as bad as years past.

You probably only need one spare (I've only bent my prop once, this time last year on Folsom).. That isn't to say that people haven't bent props of mine that I lent them Tease2.gif... but that is a different story ;)

I second Mike's suggestion on American River Prop - they did a great job on mine ~$80 or so...

Take care - hope to meet up with you soon

Hey Troy:

I knew it was early in the season and there'd be alot of stuff in the water but it was my first time out with the new used boat so I had to go. The prop isn't that bad but I was amazed that small floating sticks could bend the prop so easily. I'll get a new one and keep this one for when I go out early in the season. I could have it fixed but maybe I'll just keep it as is since it's not too bad. I also ran into a sand bar further up the river but no biggie.

I did see quite a few Malibus out as well. Mine is the 04 VLX with the green hull. Hopefully we'll see you out there soon.

It was my first time on Folsom. Better than expected but I bet it gets packed during the summer. Since I live only a few minutes away I'll probably only go there after work or really early on the weekends. I'll stick to Oroville or Bullards on the weekends. Also got to check out the Sac Riv er. Was a nice day though.

Take Care,

Pete

Hey Troy:

I knew it was early in the season and there'd be alot of stuff in the water but it was my first time out with the new used boat so I had to go. The prop isn't that bad but I was amazed that small floating sticks could bend the prop so easily. I'll get a new one and keep this one for when I go out early in the season. I could have it fixed but maybe I'll just keep it as is since it's not too bad. I also ran into a sand bar further up the river but no biggie.

I did see quite a few Malibus out as well. Mine is the 04 VLX with the green hull. Hopefully we'll see you out there soon.

It was my first time on Folsom. Better than expected but I bet it gets packed during the summer. Since I live only a few minutes away I'll probably only go there after work or really early on the weekends. I'll stick to Oroville or Bullards on the weekends. Also got to check out the Sac Riv er. Was a nice day though.

Take Care,

Pete

Pete - Green w/ tan/beiege interior? Polished swoop tower with a green bimini that was rolled up? If that was you, we followed you for a bit ;)

I have a #381 13.5 x 17.5 4 blade for sale. It was a backup for my 04 VLX and is not suitable for my 06 VLX. $275 it's in perfect shape and never been dinged. Only on boat for a couple of hours.

post-161-1173750852_thumb.jpg

post-161-1173750867_thumb.jpg

Edited by Malibuman
Hey Mike:

Thanks for the info. What do they charge to repair a prop and how much is a new prop?

Thx, Pete

Thumbup.gif I'm the one you needed to PM. I sent you a reply.

Do you know what prop your running now?

What do you plan on doing with the boat? wakeboarding, surfing or just hanging out?

The OJ 468 might be the right prop for you but need to make sure.

I 3rd American River Prop. Jeff is the owner operator and has done a great job for all the people I know. If a blade is not broke off he can fix it. The price has went up. Mike remember the prop from the rent a lake? $125

I have a #381 13.5 x 17.5 4 blade for sale. It was a backup for my 04 VLX and is not suitable for my 06 VLX. $275 it's in perfect shape and never been dinged. Only on boat for a couple of hours.

Great price. I was running the stock 381 a yr ago and had to change to the 537 16x13.5 4 blade because I was running extra weight for surfing. Now I'm looking at changing agian to the OJ 468 or 1235 because I'm running even more weight.

There were quite a few boats out, but the parking lot was pretty quiet... I really don't do Folsom on the weekends in the summer.. at least not for water sports - it is too crazy to find good water.

During the week is very nice though, especially in the AM (afternoon gets a little busy as people leave work early for a quick outting before dark)