Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

Temperature Gauge

Hi, we own an '05 Response Lxi and yesterday was our first trip out for a run this year. Anyways, as soon as we put the boat in the water the water temp gauge was reading really high. The lake temp was 65 or so but our gauge was reading 130 or so which is twice the actual temperature. Air temp. was correct. Anyone ever experience this and is there some way to trouble shoot this or reset the gauge?

Thanks,

brad

Do you mean the

lake temp

or

the

engine temp?

If its the lake temp - mine has never worked - always reads 32.

But my gas gauge is always perfect Shocking.gif

Edited by Brad B
Do you mean the

lake temp

or

the

engine temp?

If its the lake temp - mine has never worked - always reads 32.

But my gas gauge is always perfect Shocking.gif

did you try to get yours fixed so it did not read 32 or do you not care if it works or not. :unsure:

Its been in twice for it but there were other things being done too - has something to do with the Perfect Pass and the new extension "canoe" added.

But it doesn't really matter much to me, I prefer the big toe test no matter what the temp guage reads.