Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

Ordered New Boat Today

Lgndracer

After about two years of looking at tons of used boats, I finally went ahead, bit the bullet, and ordered a new boat today. I really don't want to go out and "brag" to everyone I know about it, but most here will appriciate how I feel right now.

First off I want to say how much this site has helped in being a resource in my overall search. Most internet forums you have to weed through 90% crap to get a few tidbits, and the group of people on this site seem to be the exact opposite. So thanks to all on the board.

This is what I got:

2007 Wakesetter VLX

340hp Monsoon

Fiberglass Swim Platform

Forward Ballast Tank

3 Vent Heater

2pr Pull Up Cleats

Power Wedge

Dual Batteries Voltage Sensitive Relay Switch

Halogen Docking Lights

Depth Finder

Solid Hull Color Upgrade

I also got a Ryan trailer with quite a few upgrades.

Colors wise it's black and white. Exactly like the one at the Seattle Boat Show for those who were there.

I have already found a Bimini for it, as well I am going to get in on either the Rankin cover buy, or contact CoverCraft.

It should be here right about Memorial Day.

Just wanted to share with someone!

Mike

Mike,

Congrats on what looks like a very well equipped and SWEET boat! Rockon.gif

Welcome to the site!

Oh and it is cutomary to post build pics and update as the boat is being made! Kind of exciting to watch it being made, even tho it isn't OURS!

Cheers.gif

After about two years of looking at tons of used boats, I finally went ahead, bit the bullet, and ordered a new boat today. I really don't want to go out and "brag" to everyone I know about it, but most here will appriciate how I feel right now.

First off I want to say how much this site has helped in being a resource in my overall search. Most internet forums you have to weed through 90% crap to get a few tidbits, and the group of people on this site seem to be the exact opposite. So thanks to all on the board.

This is what I got:

2007 Wakesetter VLX

340hp Monsoon

Fiberglass Swim Platform

Forward Ballast Tank

3 Vent Heater

2pr Pull Up Cleats

Power Wedge

Dual Batteries Voltage Sensitive Relay Switch

Halogen Docking Lights

Depth Finder

Solid Hull Color Upgrade

I also got a Ryan trailer with quite a few upgrades.

Colors wise it's black and white. Exactly like the one at the Seattle Boat Show for those who were there.

I have already found a Bimini for it, as well I am going to get in on either the Rankin cover buy, or contact CoverCraft.

It should be here right about Memorial Day.

Just wanted to share with someone!

Mike

Whats the deal with with the cover? I also ordered a new boat. Can I get a better deal than getting the factory cover? Group Buy? Thanks!

Rankin & Covercrafts make "towing" covers that are specifically made for towing. They are super tight & don't require a rod or any support to keep water from pooling, & won't leave rub marks on your boat after trailering the boat. Rankin is currently running a group buy through Planet Nautique (the person running it posted the info over her, so search around for that), & Covercrafts pretty much does volume pricing all of the time. Cory at Covercrafts used to work at Rankin & from what I've heard the quality between the 2 is very similar.

Lgndracer - Congrats and enjoy all the different parts and stages of being a Malibu owner. I waited and searched for about a year and half for my first boat as well. And I am seriously looking forward to putting on as many as hours as possible this season.

Oh yeah, and welcome to the site! Yahoo.gif

Sounds like a great boat which should give you lots of enjoyment.

I assume you are in the Seattle area - add your location to your profile. Post pics when you have them.

Hmm,

My dealer told me at the boat show last month that the 2007 LSV's and VTX's on the cut diamond hull were sold out for the model year already. Is this boat on the Cut Diamond Hull (I'm pretty sure that's the standard for the LSV). Maybe this doesn't apply to the California plant.

Hmm,

My dealer told me at the boat show last month that the 2007 LSV's and VTX's on the cut diamond hull were sold out for the model year already. Is this boat on the Cut Diamond Hull (I'm pretty sure that's the standard for the LSV). Maybe this doesn't apply to the California plant.

He said that he ordered a VLX - different boat. :)

Hmm,

He said that he ordered a VLX - different boat. :)

It's too bad this new version of the bulletin board doesn't have a "read" checker Whistling.gif