Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

boat rentals

relentless

My family is looking to rent a house boat out west. we thougth about going to lake powel but it was too expensive so we were thinking of going to lake mead of shasta. we were going to tow our boat and that is when the women chime in about flying instead of towing the boat out also. so i was wondering if anyone knows about renting BUs or any other kind of wakeboarding boat in those areas. thanks in advance for your input.

My family is looking to rent a house boat out west. we thougth about going to lake powel but it was too expensive so we were thinking of going to lake mead of shasta. we were going to tow our boat and that is when the women chime in about flying instead of towing the boat out also. so i was wondering if anyone knows about renting BUs or any other kind of wakeboarding boat in those areas. thanks in advance for your input.

http://www.shastalake.com/boatrentals/index.html

I have seen other comp. ski boats for rent at various lakes in cal. for around $200- 400 a weekend. If your coming from ar. then it might be worth renting out here for the dates you need it. That's a long haul roundtrip risking damage to your bu'. Out of the two lakes you mentioned I'd go to mead without even thinking about it. You could kill two birds with one stone at mead; go to vegas at night and then the lake in the day Yahoo.gif Good luck with your trip!

go to vegas at night and then the lake in the day Yahoo.gif

now you did say that he would have to pay around $200-$400. so i am not sure vegas is the best idea. haha. Shocking.gif:)Biggrin.gif

Edited by Mike d Wakeboarder

while I am sure some of the rental places have nice boats, several of the ones I saw on Shasta rented wrecks. They are your typical rental, been around the block a bit and not taken care of. I am sure they would work out well as a tow boat, but don't expect the niceties of your own boat. I think that Jones Valley Resort at Shasta had some of the nicer ones.

while I am sure some of the rental places have nice boats, several of the ones I saw on Shasta rented wrecks. They are your typical rental, been around the block a bit and not taken care of. I am sure they would work out well as a tow boat, but don't expect the niceties of your own boat. I think that Jones Valley Resort at Shasta had some of the nicer ones.

There was a rental ski nautique (beat to heck) with over 10,000 hours on it last time I was down at shasta.