Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

2000 MALIBU Sunsetter v-drive 21'

killen1970

Curious of what you guys think about this boat. No PP and just fat sacks but does have wedge. I dont know anything about this year of a boat but seems clean. Were there any problems with year model and do you guys have an idea of how much it would cost to have a auto fill ballast system installed?

"Sunsetter 21' v-driveBoat is in excellent condition with only 395 hours, runs great. Well maintained with full maintained records. Stored in garage in the off season. Bimini top, Malibu custom boat cover, CD player, teak swim platform, open bow, wake plate/wedge, fat sack, easy foldable tower with tower speakers with Wakeboard and ski racks holders. Pop up cleats. This Malibu v-drive has lots of space and is an excellent wakeboard and ski boat. trailer with disk brakes color matched to boat. It has never been in salt water, never been beached. Many more extras with accessories"

Thanks for any help looking for my first boat.

Mark

First we need to know how you intend to use the boat it's great for wakeboarding but not a boat for slalomskiing.

Why - because it has a v-drive? Dude, that statement makes you the uber-Slalom snob Tease2.gif

That boat would work great for recreational slalom...

First we need to know how you intend to use the boat it's great for wakeboarding but not a boat for slalomskiing.

Why - because it has a v-drive? Dude, that statement makes you the uber-Slalom snob Tease2.gif

That year SS VLX has the SV23 hull the same as the WS VLX of that year. The slalom wake will not be so good. The next year, 2001, the SS VLX had the diamond hull which gives and much better slalom wake.

A ballast system can be added on by the dealer for around $1000. You could DIY for quite a bit less.

What engine is in the boat? The Monsoon has a great record and should last quite a bit more if it has been maintained.

Sounds like a nice boat if it is the right price.

I have to agree with M-dude here. I owned a 2000 SVLX and was very disappointed with the ski wake, even for aggressive recreational use. However, since the OP inquired about intalling an auto-ballast system, one might assume that skiing is not going to be the primary use. The 2000 SVLX hull is great for boarding.

And for the record, I am not an "uber-Slalom snob". ;)

Just reporting the facts, don't like it well tough computer boy. Tongue.gif Now if it was the 21' LSV on the diamond hull that would be okay for recreational slalom skiing.

I'll make a deal with you Killen1970, if you buy the boat and don't like the ski wake I'll trade you for a 00' direct drive Sunsetter with an GREAT slalom wake. Yes.gif

Just reporting the facts, don't like it well tough computer boy. Tongue.gif Now if it was the 21' LSV on the diamond hull that would be okay for recreational slalom skiing.

Alright... I concede that I didn't realize that sunsetter wasn't on a diamond hull...

I'll crawl back into my hole (cube) and read more threads with my cute wife badgering me

i just bought myself a 2000 sunsetter vlx. and i love it. right now i am in the process of plumbing in sacs and pp is already ordered. the wake for boarding is great. oh ya i payed 19 for it so i think i got a good deal

No.gif Shows what you know. Tongue.gif
And for the record, I am not an "uber-Slalom snob".
You say that as if being an uber-Slalom Snob is a bad thing. Biggrin.gif