Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

rc boats

MARiley

after i learned there is an rc vlx, i went on an internet quest to find it and upon searching rc boats i remembered how much i really want one. not just the vlx, but like, a REAL rc boat. there are some awesome vessels out there.

i hate credit card debt and responsibility. i just need a ton of money fast, the price of all the toys in my eyes is growing at an alarming rate.

oh, and anyone know where they saw the rc vlx and how much they wanted for it?

after i learned there is an rc vlx, i went on an internet quest to find it and upon searching rc boats i remembered how much i really want one. not just the vlx, but like, a REAL rc boat. there are some awesome vessels out there.

i hate credit card debt and responsibility. i just need a ton of money fast, the price of all the toys in my eyes is growing at an alarming rate.

oh, and anyone know where they saw the rc vlx and how much they wanted for it?

you can get the rc vlx on malibu.com or at your local dealer. and i want to say they are $40. :)

My buddy had the VLX, but it got capsized by a twin prop powered X80 r/c. The X80 was twice as big and it just plowed over the poor VLX, the good news is that during the Tilly's marine Havasu trip the r/c X80 took on water from a real VLX.

My buddy had the VLX, but it got capsized by a twin prop powered X80 r/c. The X80 was twice as big and it just plowed over the poor VLX, the good news is that during the Tilly's marine Havasu trip the r/c X80 took on water from a real VLX.

yeah, just saw them at wal mart. 20 bills. almost bought one even though i don't have room and not sure where i'd run it.

i need more info on this rc x80.

yeah, just saw them at wal mart. 20 bills. almost bought one even though i don't have room and not sure where i'd run it.

i need more info on this rc x80.

http://www2.towerhobbies.com/cgi-bin/wti0001p?&I=LXMPL3

nbrb6775.jpg

Browse Categories: SelectListingsActivity CraftsAirplanesAircraft AccyBoats & AccyCars & TrucksCar & Truck AccDie-Cast ModelsEngines & AccyFlightLine/TrackFuel & AccyGames & ToysHelis & AccyKitesPlastic ModelsPromotionalRadiosRadio AccyRoadraceRocketsScience & EduSoftwareTools/BuildingTrainsVideos & Books Search: Tips AdvancedSearch

Boats and Accessories > R/C Boat Kits Powered Scale > R/C Boat Ready-to-Run Powered Scale - View Only Popular Selections Bookmark this Page

Tech Notes

Easy RC: Boats

Browse New Bright

New Bright Mastercraft 33"

Manufacturer Stock#

Special Stock#

LXMPL3

Stock Status

Discontinued

Tech Notes

NOTES FROM OUR TECH DEPARTMENT

This is the electric powered, radio controlled, ready to run

New Bright 33" Mastercraft Ski Boat.

FEATURES: Forward and reverse racing style surface drive

Left/right twin rudder steering

Stepped plastic hull

Two wake boards, seat, instrument panel and full deck detail

INCLUDES: New Bright 33" Mastercraft Ski Boat with 27MHz transmitter, two

propellers, two rudders, 19.2V NiCd battery, charger and

instruction manual

REQUIRES: Charging battery for eight hours before use

SPECS: Length: 33" (838mm)

Width: 10.25" (260mm)

Height: 9" (229mm)

AC Wall charger- Input: 120V 60hz 8W

Output: 24V DC 150mAh

COMMENTS: If extra Battery Pack and Charger is needed, order NBRP0981

It is not possible to request a specific radio channel when ordering

because they are supplied by the manufacturer at random.

Not recommended for children under 8 years of age. As with all

electronic products precautions should be observed during handling

and use to prevent electric shock.

jxs 8/03/06

ir/jxs

Click here for Units of Measure Conversion Calculators

TOWER HOBBIES (Serving Hobbyists Since 1971) 800-637-6050 or 217-398-3636

Home · Ordering Info

· Shopping Cart

· Your Account

· Wish List

· Gift Certificates

· E-Mail Newsletters

· Secure Shopping

· Privacy Statement

· Policies

· Our History Choose a site to search: Die-Cast-Models.com Model-Ships.com Plastic-Models.com PuzzleWonder.com RocketFun.com RTFplanes.com ScienceHobby.com Tower Hobbies (All) TrainModels.com

Enter up to 4 keywords and/or manufacturer stock numbers

Search:

Tips on using Search | Use AdvancedSearch

© 1994 - 2007

All materials copyright 2007 Tower Hobbies. Unauthorized use of any materials presented here is prohibited. Copying or reproducing any elements from this page is not permitted.

Dude these are "TOYS"... other than having one to have one... you'd play with it in the water for 10min

It isn't fast or maneuverable... doesn't plane up or anything... just idles around in the water

Oh.. and it is $20 so what is all this talk about CC debt.. :lol:

I want one, just because.

Yea, I'm ok with the "just because"... I think we have 2 or something... just wasn't sure about all the hu-bub about it.

Guess when I popped into the thread, I was thinking about real RC boats, gas ones... especially when the OP when into blowin a load of $$$ etc.. I could sure see walking into one of the RC shops and walkin out with a sweet speedy big-boy RC boat

.. but these MC & Malibu boats are more for show than go... (and they cost less than 2hrs of 'bu gas)

Guess when I popped into the thread, I was thinking about real RC boats, gas ones... especially when the OP when into blowin a load of $$$ etc.. I could sure see walking into one of the RC shops and walkin out with a sweet speedy big-boy RC boat

i'm thinking about a real one. this one should be a good starter boat.

http://www.twistedliquidracing.com/blackjack.html

the base rtr is 270 bucks. not a bad deal. they have a 55" version of it but i don't have 1100 bucks. bummer. i'd love to get a big cat and throw twin nitro outboard on the back. god that'd be sweet. soon enough.

i would still love to have the mastercraft and vlxes just to say i have them. i had the 20" x-star and it was way slow and sucked batteries like no other. my buddy and i were planning on upgrading the internals so it would go fast but never got around to it. now that the vlx is around we have REAL motivation. lol.

Edited by madchild
i'm thinking about a real one.
There's a bicycle shop in Fairfield, CA, the owner custom builds crazy high-speed RC boats. They race them at Millerton Lake (near the town of Nicholas, CA). If you want to drop some serious $$ and get a stupid fast boat, he is the man. :) Edited by NorCaliBu