Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

Prop for Response LXI

mresinc

Wanted to purchase a spare prop for my boat and thought about getting an OJ stainless. Do they perform as well as the ACME props. Current prop is 13 x 12 and if I wanted additional top end speed what size should I order. Thanks

I could be wrong, but I believe OJ has shifted their props all to CNC'd nibral props.

The RLXi isn't known as a super fast boat on the top end unless you have the LS1 or 383 Hammerhead. How fast are you hoping to push the boat?

I could be wrong, but I believe OJ has shifted their props all to CNC'd nibral props.

The RLXi isn't known as a super fast boat on the top end unless you have the LS1 or 383 Hammerhead. How fast are you hoping to push the boat?

I have a monsoon 340 and I would like to get close to 50mph.

That's not going to happen.

I have the LS1 and 48-50 is about it under optimum conditions. With the use of the SSP, 47 is the best I've done. I've tried the Acme 13X12 and 13X12.625. The 13X12.625 might be your best bet if top end is what you're after and your engine has enough torque to spin it. I used to use it on my Rlx w/ the 325 Monsoon and 4600-4700 RPMs was about it. My LS1 can spin it 5000 - 5100.

Do you know your current GPS top speed and RPM at WOT?

Purchased the 2006 Response LXI during the winter and have not been able to try it out. My last boat was 2001 Response LX and I just want to make sure the boat performs as well as my old boat.

GalaxcyToad has an Lxi with a Monsoon and an Acme 13x13. He says he gets over 50.

Do you know what the rule is concerning size of prop versus speed or torque.