Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

Factory Tour

md58

Today was the factory tour. What a great experience. Spent about 4 hours going over everything and watching a lot of the process. There is no question in my mind about the care and quality that goes into these boats. The end of the day was the lake test for the 247. Awesome.

Mike Sanchez the Manager of Customer Service gave me the tour which made it more special as his perspective of the company and boats is pretty special. He started in the factory on the floor 18 years ago and has spent time in almost all of the departments as he was promoted over the years to his current position. Not to mention he filled my arms with shirts and stuff as the last part of the tour.

I got to take some pics of the progress of the boat. I put them in a gallery:

Build Pics

Man I wish I would have paid attention to your previous posts that you were going today. My boat is being built right now too. I would have asked you to check it out. What was your spray date? Mine was February 23rd. They have not sent me any build pics yet. Patty said she would not send any until it is complete. This waiting is brutal! Crazy.gif

Man I wish I would have paid attention to your previous posts that you were going today. My boat is being built right now too. I would have asked you to check it out. What was your spray date? Mine was February 23rd. They have not sent me any build pics yet. Patty said she would not send any until it is complete. This waiting is brutal! Crazy.gif

The spray date was last Tuesday (27th). The production takes 6 working days plus 2 days of detail. Then the boat sits in que for shipping. I have been receiving pictures every day of the build.

The spray date was last Tuesday (27th). The production takes 6 working days plus 2 days of detail. Then the boat sits in que for shipping. I have been receiving pictures every day of the build.

That seems really quick!

What stage were you there to go on the lake test? If you were there for 4 hours they must have had the boat almost complete when you arrived.

Looks great bud!!! can't wait to see it on the water this summer Biggrin.gif

That seems really quick!

What stage were you there to go on the lake test? If you were there for 4 hours they must have had the boat almost complete when you arrived.

Today was day 6. They finished up the upholstery today which is the last thing before water.

That seems really quick!

Today was day 6. They finished up the upholstery today which is the last thing before water.

How long do they run the boat on the water test?

That seems really quick!

How long do they run the boat on the water test?

Just a little bit. They do a few slow speed passes, a little inspection work and testing of all of the systems, and then a couple high speed passes. I assume if they found anything it may take longer unless it takes on water.

Thanks for sharing. I am still waiting for a spray date. Don't think I will be able to get down to the factory. My dog blew out his ACL after extensive surgery he can't be left alown or around other pets. I was planning to go down. Good to know the factory will fallow the bild will call my dealer today to set it up. Good luck with a grat looking boat. Thumbup.gif

Going to the factory thursday march 15. I can't wait. Unfortunately my dealer said that maybe the spray date is the same day so we might not get to see much of the boat.

Going to the factory thursday march 15. I can't wait. Unfortunately my dealer said that maybe the spray date is the same day so we might not get to see much of the boat.

You might be able to get them to open the booth a bit when your there. I was able to peek in while they were spaying. You don't see much once the gel is down as they cover everything in a black over coat right after. Also if you go later in the morning it will be done as the shift starts at 5:30 am.

I posted a couple more pics that came today. The boat is in detail and goes to shipping tomorrow. Thanks everyone for the nice comments.