Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

Help with purchase

cjohnson8080

I need some advice.....

I currently own a 1996 echelon and love it but am going to upgrade.

I'm looking at 2005-2006 response lxi's and have found many beautiful boats.

Most of the 06's with all options and tower are in the $45k range and the '05's in the mid 30's

However, I found a 2006 with 70 hours in immaculate condition with the 400hp engine, titan 3 tower, many options. Only drawback is that it was bought for barefooting so it has the barefooter decal and the plate instead of the wedge. Personally I could care less about the decal and I'm guessing that I could buy a wedge replace the plate. Looks off of the showroom floor. I think I can get it for 37K but am wondering if the bigger engine is a negative even though I think of it as a positive. Any thoughts would be greatly appreciated.

there is no negative to the hh383.

boats are like airplanes; you can never have too much horsepower.

go for it.

Edited by madchild

The RLXi screams with the 340 monsoon. The 383HH is even better. Wedges are easy to find and you can sell the barefoot plate on this site to make up most of the cost.

There's not too many drawbacks to the HH. Having to use only super unleaded is the only reason I didn't get one.

With only 70 hours that's a great deal Yahoo.gif

The RLXi screams with the 340 monsoon. The 383HH is even better. Wedges are easy to find and you can sell the barefoot plate on this site to make up most of the cost.

There's not too many drawbacks to the HH. Having to use only super unleaded is the only reason I didn't get one.

With only 70 hours that's a great deal Yahoo.gif

Great advice! sounds good to me; let someone else eat the depreciation cost on the initial purchase. As far as the H.P. there's never too much. Yahoo.gif Go for it!!!

Use the depreciation to offset the other costs. I would think the power would be a positive, what are you using the boat for? If you get the opportunity, try to drive a boat with the HH to see what it is like. I have an Echelon and use it for b-footing and slalom. I might be interested in your barefoot plate. Also, please post a report on the comparison between the Echelon and the RLXi.

Thanks everyone for your input. I'm really racking my brain, trying to make a decision. I am going to buy one of two boats....

Locally--- is a 2005 rlxi, 230hrs, all options but no tower, some scratches on the hull, color is ok. $30K. I would need to add a tower taking it to $33,500.

2400 miles away---2006 rlxi, 70hrs, all options, HH engine, titan 3 tower, beautiful color, and not a scratch on it. Only difference is the barefooter decal. I will be skiing and wakeboarding primarily. $37K plus shipping takes it to $40K

Also, there are 2 2006 rlxi's for sale at my local dealer. Promo boats, 100 hrs, 340hp, all options, etc, $47K and $46K. Over-priced if you ask me. I'm going to call on Monday and offer $40k for the nicest one.

I just feel like the 2006 with the hh is too good a deal to pass on, just need to take the plunge. Only reason to go with the local 2005 is the convenience.

Now I need to sell my '96 echelon, any takers?

Use the depreciation to offset the other costs. I would think the power would be a positive, what are you using the boat for? If you get the opportunity, try to drive a boat with the HH to see what it is like. I have an Echelon and use it for b-footing and slalom. I might be interested in your barefoot plate. Also, please post a report on the comparison between the Echelon and the RLXi.

I will be skiing, wakeboarding, wakeskating and pulling innertubes. I spoke with the owner last night and if I buy the 06 he is going to have his dealer replace the plate with a wedge, no price change. Sorry

If you love your echelon like I do don't drive a newer rlxi, and definitely don't ski behind one. The wake on the rlxi made the echelon's wake seem like a tsunami. Obvious exaggeration but the rlxi's wake is almost flat. Interior is beautiful and it drives like a dream. I was really close to buying a CC sv211, until i drove the rlxi. Can't wait to put a couple thousand hours on which ever one a get.

Thanks everyone for your input. I'm really racking my brain, trying to make a decision. I am going to buy one of two boats....

Locally--- is a 2005 rlxi, 230hrs, all options but no tower, some scratches on the hull, color is ok. $30K. I would need to add a tower taking it to $33,500.

2400 miles away---2006 rlxi, 70hrs, all options, HH engine, titan 3 tower, beautiful color, and not a scratch on it. Only difference is the barefooter decal. I will be skiing and wakeboarding primarily. $37K plus shipping takes it to $40K

Also, there are 2 2006 rlxi's for sale at my local dealer. Promo boats, 100 hrs, 340hp, all options, etc, $47K and $46K. Over-priced if you ask me. I'm going to call on Monday and offer $40k for the nicest one.

I just feel like the 2006 with the hh is too good a deal to pass on, just need to take the plunge. Only reason to go with the local 2005 is the convenience.

Is it an open bow? Where are you located?

Is it an open bow? Where are you located?

it is a closed bow with 500 hours in Seattle