Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

How much ice is left on your lake?

thealy

Last weekend Orchard Lake in Lakeville MN, had 16" of ice and lots of autos driving on it. How about any of you guys a bit south of here?

After my snowmobile trip this weekend any my ski trip next weekend, I hope to start seeing some serious decreases to that number.

Hey, I just watched a report from WCCO TV, 12" of snow and more on the way. He said that March came in like a Crazed polar bear. Have fun in all that snow, hope you have some sick fast sled to enjoy. By the way my guess is that the ice will be gone by April 16. That's the date it always seemed to be off of Crooked Lake in Anoka where I grew up.

Kerr lake in Clarksville VA Air temperature today 70 degrees water temp roughly 49 degrees, went out twice last week!

Can I get directions from MN. :(

Kerr lake in Clarksville VA Air temperature today 70 degrees water temp roughly 49 degrees, went out twice last week!

ONly one clear spot on our lake. Up the river part a little bit. Rest of lake is still frozen all the way across and about 8 inches thick along shore...Supposed to be 50 today and rain. May help melt a lot of it.

MalibuNation

It's been bad ice all year with all the snow. I fell through last week. Luckily I was only in 4 feet of water, the bad thing is I had rubber boots on and it was mucky, fun getting out and falling through again and getting out and falling through again then I made it to shore.

I'm guessing 2-3 weeks worth of ice.

uhh, we can still walk on ours. I have ice still on the roof of my house, that stupid groundhog doesn't know jack!

Absolutely! I can tell you that for a FACT because, well, I'm Jack and have never met the varmint. Biggrin.gif

We just got done footin'. My buddy broke a path from his boat house to open water(he used a chainsaw) It was 14 inches thick at the boat house.

We had 3 runs each, then the open water was littered with 4-8 inch thick icebergs varying in size and shape. It was awesome! Yahoo.gif

Edited by areamike

Given that we are supposed to get up to 20" of snow today and everyone is talking about footing an skiing, I am starting to regret starting this post.

A high of 54 today (and is currently raining pretty good), any ice still around will be gone by early next week if not before.

Ok my lake has 15 inches of ice yet. people are driving around and the shanty villages are still growing.

I am thinking five to six weeks. Still waiting for new boat so it helps not seeing open water. I want to be in as ice goes out. Can't believe people with open water and think it might be to cold to go...

{Shrinkage. It only lasts a short time and your voice will come back.}

No ice ever on my lakes. They are usually in the low 50's this time of the year.

Then why aren't you out skiing? Or. . . Vomit.gif taking the wife wakeboarding? Tease2.gif

No ice ever on my lakes. They are usually in the low 50's this time of the year.
Then why aren't you out skiing? Or. . . Vomit.gif taking the wife wakeboarding? Tease2.gif
Because Malibudude is the king of Warm-Water-Wussies.

Supposed to be mid-60's the next few days. Yahoo.gif And lake is most definitely not frozen. Yahoo.gif

Yo, CaliMali...Ski this week-end? :)

Since it'll be 70 on Sunday I probably will take the wife out so she can try out some wakeboards since she does have a wetsuit. I don’t have a wetsuit or drysuit and I suspect neither you two monkeys would trunk 50 degree water. Shocking.gif Though I may just get desperate enough this weekend to trunk it against better judgment.

I don’t have a wetsuit or drysuit...
Whose fault is that? Tightwad. Tease.gif

Oh be nice, Michael. He's saving for one of those pricey blinged-out wakeboard boats. ROFL.gif