Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

2nd Year Wakeboarder- New Board?

here we go

Last year was my 1st year wakeboarding. I taught myself, by watching "higher education" dvd.....I bought a liquid Force Synergy 141....LOVE the board and the feel.. Like doing surface tricks.....but I felt it may not have been the best choice for Getting Big Air off the wake, could never seem to get much height out of it, although I could clear both wakes. I want to go to the next level. Should I consider a 2nd wakeboard that has a different rocker? Any help would be great!

here we go, WELCOME to the site!

How much do you weigh?

How tall are you?

What rope length are you riding?

What speed?

What is your ballast setup?

This info will help. Higher Education will help tons, if you don't feel your board is doing it for you then I'd try as many others as you can. You'll quickly tell whether it's the board holding you back or if it's your technique.

I'm not familiar with the LF Synergy. Anyone know if it's a 'fast' board? That makes all the difference for air time and distance into the flats.

Good luck.

Different rocker patterns have different characteristics off the wake but most of the pop you are looking for comes from your riding style. It is very likely that you are coming off of your edge and flattening the board out as you come into the wake. Make sure you are edging all of the way up through the wake, this should help you get more consistent air.

Edging all the way up the wake is easier said then done, I've been riding for 12 years and I still find myself flattening out as I come into the wake. To work on this I usually force myself to not cut out a wide and then concentrate on taking a mellow cut that progressivly gets harder as I come in to the wake.

Different rocker patterns have different characteristics off the wake but most of the pop you are looking for comes from your riding style. It is very likely that you are coming off of your edge and flattening the board out as you come into the wake. Make sure you are edging all of the way up through the wake, this should help you get more consistent air.

Edging all the way up the wake is easier said then done, I've been riding for 12 years and I still find myself flattening out as I come into the wake. To work on this I usually force myself to not cut out a wide and then concentrate on taking a mellow cut that progressivly gets harder as I come in to the wake.

I agree that riding technique is the biggest issue for most people. I bought a new board last year that made about 6"-12" difference in ht. on a consistant basis. If I consentrate on edging correctly I can pick up a couple of feet over the norm.

Joe

• 2 weeks later...

now i'm not sure of your riding style or level or what tricks your doing but i have to say i do like the Ronix boards and i have heard great things about them especially about the comfort of their bindings.